Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   11-27-2015, 03:22 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 69

Status: Cluster is offline
As I see Paypal is the most popular.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   11-29-2015, 02:52 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 28

Status: Stevensst is offline
PayPal is a must, bank transfer and then bitcoin.
__________________
Hostinglah.com - (SG/US/NL) Affordable Web Hosting
 
 
 


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   12-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 26

Status: Prewebhost is offline
Paypal as they have the best claim resolution ration that others.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   12-06-2015, 05:48 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: England
Posts: 60

Status: GCJHOSTING is offline
I would say Paypal is a must, and if your using it for web hosting, maxmind for fraud is a great option. It just keeps them nasty customers away.
__________________
Ninja Panther Hosting Blazing Fast SSD Web Hosting
Shared Litespeed Softaculous RVSkins RvSite Builder Pro Offsite Backups
http://www.ninjapanther.com 99.9% uptime Guarantee 30-Day Money Back Guarantee True 24/7/365 Support
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   12-09-2015, 07:34 AM
HD Addict
 
Localnode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 145

Status: Localnode is online now
Majority of my customers use Paypal. There's maybe 20% that use Credit/Debit cards.

I've looked at adding Bitcoin as a method, but being an Australian based business - options are a bit limited.

In terms of fraudulent orders - majority are card-based. Very easy to pick up as they usually use a card issued in a different country than their billing address.

They rarely get through Maxmind though.
There will always be a couple that slip through the cracks, however.
__________________
Localnode
24/7 Support | Superior Hardware
Become an affiliate and earn 30% of every sale.
Follow Us | Like Us | Blog
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   12-09-2015, 07:46 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,986
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by localnode View Post
There will always be a couple that slip through the cracks, however.
I always check every order through fraudrecord, so this catches any that gets through.

we also added Bitcoin, but in the 2 years we have offered this, it has yet to be used.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   12-09-2015, 09:03 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: England
Posts: 60

Status: GCJHOSTING is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by localnode View Post
Majority of my customers use Paypal. There's maybe 20% that use Credit/Debit cards.

I've looked at adding Bitcoin as a method, but being an Australian based business - options are a bit limited.

In terms of fraudulent orders - majority are card-based. Very easy to pick up as they usually use a card issued in a different country than their billing address.

They rarely get through Maxmind though.
There will always be a couple that slip through the cracks, however.
I did have a order get though maxmind. I let it go though it said the place he ordered from was not the same as his address, 3 weeks later he running malware script to spam people mail looks like porn, I think it was a wordpress hack. But he denies it was him. I ban him from my clients area and remove his account. He did not have a English name all seems a bit fishy to me.
__________________
Ninja Panther Hosting Blazing Fast SSD Web Hosting
Shared Litespeed Softaculous RVSkins RvSite Builder Pro Offsite Backups
http://www.ninjapanther.com 99.9% uptime Guarantee 30-Day Money Back Guarantee True 24/7/365 Support
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   12-09-2015, 09:17 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,986
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCJHOSTING View Post
I did have a order get though maxmind. I let it go though it said the place he ordered from was not the same as his address, 3 weeks later he running malware script to spam people mail looks like porn, I think it was a wordpress hack. But he denies it was him. I ban him from my clients area and remove his account. He did not have a English name all seems a bit fishy to me.
that's why we always check with fraudrecord, even if they get through maxmind.

more will get through maxmind now as they have discontinued their telephone verification service
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   12-10-2015, 01:49 AM
HD Addict
 
Localnode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 145

Status: Localnode is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
that's why we always check with fraudrecord, even if they get through maxmind.

more will get through maxmind now as they have discontinued their telephone verification service
Try Onverify. It uses Maxmind for all checks save for the phone
__________________
Localnode
24/7 Support | Superior Hardware
Become an affiliate and earn 30% of every sale.
Follow Us | Like Us | Blog
 
 
 


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   12-10-2015, 01:58 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 26

Status: coloAZ is offline
Major credit cards and Paypal.

If you don't have a full merchant account - check out Stripe.com or 2Checkout.com - a great way to get started.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   12-10-2015, 02:05 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,986
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloAZ View Post
Major credit cards and Paypal.

If you don't have a full merchant account - check out Stripe.com or 2Checkout.com - a great way to get started.
Stripe is way better than 2Checkout. but yes a lot cheaper than going with a bank and getting a merchant account which in the UK can be 200
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   12-17-2015, 03:40 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 44

Status: diggdigital is offline
PayPal is the best.

Followed by Payza, Perfect Money, transferwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluster View Post
What is the best payment method from your point of view?
__________________
ParkInHost.com - Hosting made simpler, cooler and better..
Domain,shared, Reseller, Linux VPS, Windows VPS & Dedicated Server hosting providers
DiggDigital.com - End to end Digital Marketing & Technology service house
 
 
 


Old
  Post #28 (permalink)   12-21-2015, 03:04 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2

Status: wsh_daniel is offline
Paypal, Bitcoin (coinbase) and for a bigger companies I do mail in payment (check)

Open for others as well!
__________________
Daniel Tanner

White Sands Hosting
 
 
 


Old
  Post #29 (permalink)   12-23-2015, 09:20 AM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 756
Send a message via AIM to cheapdedicated Send a message via Yahoo to cheapdedicated Send a message via Skype™ to cheapdedicated

Status: cheapdedicated is offline
Which type of clients especially in regard to location prefer "Bitcoin" to "PayPal"??
__________________
Techsys Ltd | Dedicated Servers | V.P.S | Free Plesk Panel
G8 Servers cPanel Reseller VPS Reseller Dedicated Server Resellers

G8 Host Cheap Domains | Shared Hosting | SSL
 
 
 


Old
  Post #30 (permalink)   12-26-2015, 11:20 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Greer

Status: Adam Greer is offline
Must have: PayPal + MasterCard/Visa
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: