Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

Hosting Discussion > Web Hosting Forums > Web Hosting Discussion > what if your host could offer you extra support.??
forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   12-27-2016, 06:45 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,737
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by intqc[dot]in View Post
but with this host must take care of his limit to provide extra support.
WHY!. If it is a managed service such as shared and reseller plans then it is upto the host to provide as much support as possible.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   12-28-2016, 01:24 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 7

Status: hostpreneur is offline
As mentioned all above, its always better as a host to provide better and better services so that customer remains loyal and come again to the same host for other projects and advice the same to others.

Many hosts are selling the same service, may b at less price as well. After sale service is the best quality like support, one host could give the customer to make them happy and brand loyal.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   01-05-2017, 04:33 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Universe
Posts: 305

Status: kunnusingh is offline
Personally I try my best to provide a support related to web hosting issue like importing site, fixing databse issue, If wordpress show blank page then I try to fix it for customer because of I think If we have a knowledge about it then don't waste your knowledge.

I know it will be a extra work but various customers feel so happy. You give a smile to your customer
__________________
Windows VPS
Web Hosting Yearly & WebHostingLoud.com Hosting Forum
 
 
 


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   02-07-2017, 04:07 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 44

Status: archindustries is offline
I think anyone using a hosting company and running a website should figure out these common administrative tasks, but we will always be glad to help out our clients figure it out.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   02-16-2017, 04:06 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 79

Status: danielpmc is offline
As a reseller i had to come up with something i could do that the others could not do or would not. So i offered what i called Goodwill Support. Depending on the plan or service they purchased, they recieved an x amount of favors from me directly. These i would limit to a choice of a comprehensive site review, installing a plugin or addon that needed a little extra tech skill, tweak of their existing css codes, tweaking their htaccess files etc...
__________________
Stone soup is flavored by its offerings of humanity.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   02-16-2017, 07:56 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 21

Status: hynds is offline
If those extra supports are free I will take it or I will ignore in almost cases
__________________
Godaddy Renewal Coupon 27% Off Domain and Hosting Latest in 2017
Godaddy Coupon only $1/mo Hosting + 99 Cents Domain .COM in 2017
 
 
 


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   02-16-2017, 08:00 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 35
Send a message via Skype™ to HostAG

Status: HostAG is offline
I believe that as long as you can provide support without using a lot of time and resources, customers will appreciate the extra support given especially if it comes at no extra cost. The downside will be that customers can get accustomed to free support and they would demand increasingly time consuming tasks without having to pay ( they did not pay the first time, why should they now? ) It is quite a tricky question, but in the end most customers are in good faith, so extra support is worth it.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   02-17-2017, 06:30 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,737
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
I will provide as much support to my own clients as i can in relation to server and website issues.
If a client wants me to install a 3rd party script, wants me to go into their registrar account to change nameservers etc. or if a reseller wants me to help one of their clients then i will charge them for this as it is outside of normal support
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   02-17-2017, 07:17 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Oman
Posts: 32

Status: hostgliders is offline
Mostly providers will assist on any hosting related issues of their clients but if the issue and the solution is out of scope like any control panel bug , they ask for some time to resolve or they might tell you to contact yourself.

But , usually hosting providers will give good support for their end clients.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   02-17-2017, 07:32 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,737
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostgliders View Post
Mostly providers will assist on any hosting related issues of their clients but if the issue and the solution is out of scope like any control panel bug , they ask for some time to resolve or they might tell you to contact yourself.

But , usually hosting providers will give good support for their end clients.
but you also have to look at it as

Do you want to hold your clients hand for every little thing?

you should be able to guide your client to learn how to install scripts and change nameservers. The more you can teach you clients then the better for them and you.

take scripts for an example.

Most hosts will have softaculous or similar available to clients with over 300 scripts that can be installed in 1 click, so if a client comes to you and asks you to manually install a script then why should you not charge for your time as you have provided them with a solution to install scripts themselves.

Also if a client wants you to access their 123 reg or namecheap account to change the nameservers on their domains, then why should you not charge as you are having to access a control area that is not on your servers.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   02-17-2017, 08:25 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 79

Status: danielpmc is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
but you also have to look at it as

Do you want to hold your clients hand for every little thing?

you should be able to guide your client to learn how to install scripts and change nameservers. The more you can teach you clients then the better for them and you.

take scripts for an example.

Most hosts will have softaculous or similar available to clients with over 300 scripts that can be installed in 1 click, so if a client comes to you and asks you to manually install a script then why should you not charge for your time as you have provided them with a solution to install scripts themselves.

Also if a client wants you to access their 123 reg or namecheap account to change the nameservers on their domains, then why should you not charge as you are having to access a control area that is not on your servers.
so if a client comes to you and asks you to manually install a script then why should you not charge for your time as you have provided them with a solution to install scripts themselves.

I offered forum installation as a reseller plan for a price. But each client and i discussed by email their needs and then i would quote a price AND a TOS custom written to the agreed services.

Also if a client wants you to access their 123 reg or namecheap account to change the nameservers on their domains, then why should you not charge as you are having to access a control area that is not on your servers.

I fully agree: I offered a nameserver tutorial for clients for namecheap, since i use them, for free. But any other registrars i advised them to ask the support crew their. Nameserver registration at some hosts can be a nightmare. Sometimes buying a ''cheap SSL'' means getting a ''cheap control panel'' This is one service especially, a host should charge a couple exxtra bucks due to the aggravation factor.
__________________
Stone soup is flavored by its offerings of humanity.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   02-17-2017, 09:06 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,737
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpmc View Post

I offered forum installation as a reseller plan for a price. But each client and i discussed by email their needs and then i would quote a price AND a TOS custom written to the agreed services.
Yes if it is part of a plan then you can price it with the plan, but if just of spec a client asks then why not charge them as if you provide softaculous or similar then you have given them a way to install it themselves

[[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpmc View Post
I offered a nameserver tutorial for clients for namecheap, since i use them, for free. But any other registrars i advised them to ask the support crew their. Nameserver registration at some hosts can be a nightmare. Sometimes buying a ''cheap SSL'' means getting a ''cheap control panel'' This is one service especially, a host should charge a couple exxtra bucks due to the aggravation factor.
Yes we have a whole list of tutorials in our Knowledgebase from many registrants showing how to change nameservers etc.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #28 (permalink)   02-17-2017, 09:17 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 79

Status: danielpmc is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
Yes if it is part of a plan then you can price it with the plan, but if just of spec a client asks then why not charge them as if you provide softaculous or similar then you have given them a way to install it themselves

[
They always had access to Softaculous as part of any plan. I much rather they did their own installs, so they can learn more about servers. I am just a guy that had a reseller store and offered custom forum installs. A big seller was installing phpBB for private forums. As of this point i am not actively engaged in reselling.
__________________
Stone soup is flavored by its offerings of humanity.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #29 (permalink)   02-17-2017, 09:28 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,737
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpmc View Post
They always had access to Softaculous as part of any plan. I much rather they did their own installs, so they can learn more about servers. I am just a guy that had a reseller store and offered custom forum installs. A big seller was installing phpBB for private forums. As of this point i am not actively engaged in reselling.
exactly, they never learn nothing by just clicking a button, same as they wont learn if we as hosts do it for them.

The more we encourage clients to do for themselves the more they will learn
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #30 (permalink)   02-18-2017, 12:36 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 42

Status: ikalf is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostingORA View Post
Like the tittle suggests,do you prefer your host to give you extra help like uploading your database files,install wp,and helping you creating databases.
What do you think about such host ???????
Today all this things are basically one-click. And there are a lot of tutorials online about this.
If you are a company with two clients, yes install a wp, why not. Maybe a client will give a good review somewhere

Other then that, this should be extra charge.
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to ikalf For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (02-18-2017)
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: