Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   10-27-2017, 10:09 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
ughosting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 607

Status: ughosting is offline
Has anyone been brave enough to deploy reseller limits to their production servers?

If so, has it made any difference?
__________________
DDoS Protected, LiteSpeed + LiteMage on CloudLinux with SSD Disks, R1Soft, Softaculous, SIteBuilder, BitNinja, LetsEncypt & Patchman
UnixGuru: Accounts with 1-16 CPU Cores, 2-32GB RAM. Why use a VPS?
█ Choose from Shared, Reseller and Elastic-Sites Hosting
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   10-27-2017, 11:00 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 158

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughosting View Post
Has anyone been brave enough to deploy reseller limits to their production servers?

If so, has it made any difference?
You means the limits that allow providers to allocate a "pool" of resources to their resellers to do whatever they want to divvy it up? Like how some VM reseller packages works?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   10-29-2017, 06:55 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
ughosting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 607

Status: ughosting is offline
No, the latest version (beta) of CloudLinux allows an admin to place a CPU limit on a reseller so that they may not use more than a permitted amount of CPU in total.
Before there was just the limit per account, but now there is a limit in total!

(further clarification: the sum total of CPU for all the resellers' accounts cannot exceed this limit)
__________________
DDoS Protected, LiteSpeed + LiteMage on CloudLinux with SSD Disks, R1Soft, Softaculous, SIteBuilder, BitNinja, LetsEncypt & Patchman
UnixGuru: Accounts with 1-16 CPU Cores, 2-32GB RAM. Why use a VPS?
█ Choose from Shared, Reseller and Elastic-Sites Hosting

Last edited by ughosting : 10-29-2017 at 07:17 AM.
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to ughosting For This Useful Post:
Harv45 (10-29-2017)


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   10-30-2017, 10:45 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: India
Posts: 258
Send a message via Skype™ to 24x7server

Status: 24x7server is offline
If you give a control of LVE settings to reseller then you would need to allocate some percent of CPU to the reseller.

This, of course, would lead to customers with only 10 sites that have access to 100CPUs total assigning 10 CPU to each of the sites. If the sites are badly coded this would put the significant load on a server.
__________________
www.24x7servermanagement.com
Server Management, Server Security, Server Monitoring.
Network Monitoring Team !! Skype: techs24x7
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   10-31-2017, 04:21 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
ughosting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 607

Status: ughosting is offline
It's more like this.

The reseller has 20 users, so with the usual limited they would be able to use 20 CPUs, but the reseller limit is applied to limit the resellers accounts in total to 4 CPUs (400% CPU). Once the resellers users have reached 400% in total the sites start to slow down.

If you actually give individual users too lower a CPU limit individually it uses more CPU due to the added context switching, which is why it's recommended to offer 100% CPU or more per user.
__________________
DDoS Protected, LiteSpeed + LiteMage on CloudLinux with SSD Disks, R1Soft, Softaculous, SIteBuilder, BitNinja, LetsEncypt & Patchman
UnixGuru: Accounts with 1-16 CPU Cores, 2-32GB RAM. Why use a VPS?
█ Choose from Shared, Reseller and Elastic-Sites Hosting
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   10-31-2017, 09:47 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 158

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughosting View Post
If you actually give individual users too lower a CPU limit individually it uses more CPU due to the added context switching, which is why it's recommended to offer 100% CPU or more per user.
I am sorry but I am confused... Are you saying by allocating less than 100% of CPU dramatically increases overheads of CloudLinux?

That's doesn't even make sense as I heard the hardest Virtualization tech will draw about 5% at "worst" from the bare hardware.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   11-01-2017, 09:27 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Indiana, USA
Posts: 206
Send a message via AIM to MikeDVB Send a message via MSN to MikeDVB Send a message via Skype™ to MikeDVB

Status: MikeDVB is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
I am sorry but I am confused... Are you saying by allocating less than 100% of CPU dramatically increases overheads of CloudLinux?

That's doesn't even make sense as I heard the hardest Virtualization tech will draw about 5% at "worst" from the bare hardware.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Context_switch

This may or may not help.
__________________
Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC - Professional Hosting Solutions
Cloud Shared Plans Check them out! Old plans still available.
Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
http://www.mddhosting.com/
 
 
 


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   11-08-2017, 04:42 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 18

Status: serverogen is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughosting View Post
No, the latest version (beta) of CloudLinux allows an admin to place a CPU limit on a reseller so that they may not use more than a permitted amount of CPU in total.
Before there was just the limit per account, but now there is a limit in total!

(further clarification: the sum total of CPU for all the resellers' accounts cannot exceed this limit)

why i can not see this feature on my cloulinux? do they charge extra fee fro this feature?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   11-08-2017, 11:42 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: India
Posts: 258
Send a message via Skype™ to 24x7server

Status: 24x7server is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by serverogen View Post
why i can not see this feature on my cloulinux? do they charge extra fee fro this feature?
Check these links:- https://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.ht...er_limits.html


https://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.ht...er_limits.html
__________________
www.24x7servermanagement.com
Server Management, Server Security, Server Monitoring.
Network Monitoring Team !! Skype: techs24x7
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: