Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Closed Thread


Old
  Post #121 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 10:24 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 53
Send a message via MSN to PolurNET

Status: PolurNET is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes
I will save you the trouble: a company generating above $8,150 CAD annually, should file and pay taxes; and ANY registered company, even if income is $0 CAD, should nevertheless file what is called an "Annual Return" (it only costs $20 if done on the government web site).
Thanks for the info. By no means are we a large company from starting, and initially were not generating the above said amounts. Since I'm not the one directly responsible for finance, I do not have all information handy at the moment.

Nevertheless, our year-end income expectations have only risen for the last few months, and thus have started the backend business work. Indeed, you are likely aware of the services provided by H&R Block to meet the tax preparation and filing needs for small businesses. We have grown only susbstantially in the last few months as a small business, and thus only consulted the tax prep firm relatively recently.

Quote:
Keep in mind that to employ people, you HAVE to be a registered entity. However, I searched the Federal Corporations database for "polurnet" and the search came empty. Could you please tell me the registered name of your company?
Still in progress, we have not been notified of the new status of application yet, they usually take several weeks for processing. Year-end income is only considered to be higher than $8k for the current year, not previously.

Quote:
Please provide a name of your independent auditor, and their contact information. Tip: Usually, those are registered and certified accounting/law firms.
H&R Block; we are still researching other possiblities as they have informed us there is no immediate need for previous year's revenue.

Quote:
Also, not clear... if you are saying a third-party deals with business operations, then its not you who hired a 15-year old in the first place? I thought you dealt with him directly, as you said so many times? Then if a third-party is responsible for hiring decisions, what does it say about them to be hiring minors without "proper application" and screening process?
We don't meet with the accounting firm on a daily basis, Steve only joined since the new year, and was previously only a customer with us.

Quote:
Minimum wage rates as May 1, 2005 in Canadian currency:
General rate
$7.60 / hour
Employees who usually receive tips
$6.85 / hour

So how can you say your rates are legal?
I think I made it clear the NP post about employment salaries is not accurate any longer; jm's post was in july, when we were still small. The proof now is we recently hired two part-time technicians who formerly worked for HostingZoom and HostGator. They obviously do work for hourly wages that meet their expectations, and are thus higher than the legal minimum wages quoted above; it's also paid in $USD currency.

Since I will be extremely busy for the next coming weeks, I likely won't have any more time to visit this forum to check for questions. When I do return, I'll see if I can update the situation.

Thanks.

Last edited by PolurNET : 02-09-2006 at 10:28 AM. Reason: added info
 
 


Old
  Post #122 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 01:19 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,770

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolurNET
Since I'm not the one directly responsible for finance, I do not have all information handy at the moment.
You are the owner and you are not responsible for finance?
Are you trying to tell us that you have no idea whether you are even a registered firm? Give us a break.
So you are on operating a company, hiring employees (oh, sorry, H&R does) - all without a registered company? Who signs your employment contracts? H&R? Do you even have them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolurNET
Still in progress, we have not been notified of the new status of application yet, they usually take several weeks for processing.
What new status if you obviously didn't have any status before?
Registering a company doesn't take several weeks of processing. It takes a few days. If someone is registering it for you, I think they have no clue what they are doing. H&R does not register businesses by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolurNET
We don't meet with the accounting firm on a daily basis, Steve only joined since the new year, and was previously only a customer with us.
You just said above:
Quote:
We do file as I said our papers with the appropriate third-party company that follows these procedures.
So now you are saying H&R did NOT hire Steven, but you? Which one was it - take a pick finally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolurNET
I think I made it clear the NP post about employment salaries is not accurate any longer; ... and are thus higher than the legal minimum wages quoted above; it's also paid in $USD currency.
Steven, I am glad that your pay, according to your boss, is high now. If you don't get those rates, you should ask for an increase in pay, because other techs get paid more than you do, and that would be discrimination in pay.
 
 


Old
  Post #123 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 02:09 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 53
Send a message via MSN to PolurNET

Status: PolurNET is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes
You are the owner and you are not responsible for finance?
Are you trying to tell us that you have no idea whether you are even a registered firm? Give us a break.
The point of having a Vice-President for Sales, Finance and Marketing is obvious; he handles the finance aspects of our company, as stated quite clearly on our About Us page. We both consult on the backend operations, and as I said the details about our finance is with him. Nothing to be released on here anyway, so that's besides the point.

Quote:
So you are on operating a company, hiring employees (oh, sorry, H&R does) - all without a registered company? Who signs your employment contracts? H&R? Do you even have them?
H&R does not hire anyone, they are a tax prep and business consultancy firm. We handle all aspects of employment and report the figures to them when the time comes. I thought you know H&R? Apparently, you don't know how they work, check out their site quite clear there.

Quote:
What new status if you obviously didn't have any status before?
Registering a company doesn't take several weeks of processing. It takes a few days. If someone is registering it for you, I think they have no clue what they are doing. H&R does not register businesses by the way.
Status was it was submitted and received by them successfully and in processing. If you ever filed for registration yourself, that's what they do. And no, our registration is taking more than a few days evidently, I'm not sure what process you used that we're doing differently.

H&R does have business consultancy available and do provide the helpful information about the process. We file the papers ourselves

Quote:
So now you are saying H&R did NOT hire Steven, but you? Which one was it - take a pick finally.
Did I ever say H&R hires steven?? I said we report to them about our finances and figures, I really don't get why you're changing my story.

Quote:
Steven, I am glad that your pay, according to your boss, is high now. If you don't get those rates, you should ask for an increase in pay, because other techs get paid more than you do, and that would be discrimination in pay.
It was high to start with, he's been with us during the time we made the switch. Obviously, he's aware of his rights, and is willing to work with us, as do the other staff. Quite odd you're trying to put words into his mouth?

===
Edit:

I've given way too much information about us on this thread. There is really no point for us to justify any longer and report to you as if we were obliged to. The original topic was on incentives: our customers are likely willing to assert no such action was taken, and some proof is shown by 3 customers replying on the original WHT thread that brought this topic. The other proof from other customers is available, but will obviously be denied and/or questioned further, hence no point in continuing further.

The thread then moved onto our business operation, which is obviously an attempt to avoid to the challenges I made by asking for any one of you posting on a popular forum which our customers frequently visit, to ask them directly, as you are looking for the counter-evidence, not us. Instead the direction of this topic was changed.

Evidently, there are hundreds of so-called webhosts and businesses that are clearly not registered and hiring against the law (take a look at your own employment section in this forum). We do not condone such practices, and have provided enough information to defend our policies. If what Artashes said is true that the people posting here are persistant defenders of hosting ethics, you clearly showed your wagging the finger at one host isn't going to change the world in any manner, there's still a lot more to be done and could have been done, which you haven't taken action. There's a lot more evident hosting business scams going around, and yet you question a company that has actually provided sufficient information and responded to all questions one-by-one.

More than enough information was given to answer each poster's questions, but apparently one-sided minds don't need further information to prove their own thoughts, and thus a waste of time to post anything else.

</over & out>

Last edited by PolurNET : 02-09-2006 at 02:33 PM.
 
 


Old
  Post #124 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 03:37 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 328

Status: Senad is offline
No it moved to another theme to prove that you are manipulative as Art has just proven. You call us one-minded yet your answers have changed as even Art has pointed out over and over again? Please PolurNet you pretty much have proved our point that you can easily manipulate the situation. Offering incentives as we can see is just a scratch on the surface of what type of company you are running.

Once again! You HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANY information to the evidence only explanations that do not prove anything true. Art has the evidence, he reopened this thread so you may prove yourself innocent. You basically only proved yourself more guilty since you have now given us more information in regards to your operations.

I only hope clients will see and read this thread to gain an even better understanding on how you run your business and because of that we can all assume it's the same way you run your practices (in regards to incentives). The reason this topic was brought up was to establish patterns and history that you have ran and basically it was proven. I only hope WHT, NamePros, and other companies see this thread and can see that your past historical patterns and the new ones brought into this thread prove a lot in regards to incentives and your business practices.

Anyway if you still don't care to answer and show us proof and evidence then that's fine. You could always give us the original IP addresses of your server from NAC, etc..so that Art can compare. You have not and just state you are "giving too much information". If I was in your spot I would attempt to answer as many questions as possible and provide as much information as I can (not client private data). Instead you just make mere statements rebuffing proof that JMWeb has proven. There is a reason we are attacking and that is because you are in denial about the situation and change the story.

Why is almost every customer I have read...an employee of yours...how are you making profit? Oh wait are those the same employees who get free hosting and then go to WHJ to make reviews? Could that possibly be it? Steven sure did it. What's even more amazing is that he "potentially lied" on his application, posted reviews on WHJ, was an employee at the time...and you STILL keep him as an employee AND you expect us to be on your side? Give me a break!
__________________
PingPros LLC | International Network Consultant & Internet Service Provider
Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, BGP, OSPF, Windows, Linux, and Mac Consulting services | Internet Service Provider
High Quality Services at a very competitive price!
 
 


Old
  Post #125 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 03:54 PM
HD Wizard
 
Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: PEI
Posts: 2,713

Status: Blue is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolurNET
The original topic was on incentives:
You are correct. The thread has gone off topic.
The original thread was about incentives for positive reviews and it was proven that you offered them.

Case closed I guess.
 
 


Old
  Post #126 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 04:08 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,770

Status: Artashes is offline
PolurNet, if you cannot answer whether your company is even legally registered to be in business, even though I see "PolurNET Communications LLC" everywhere, can you at least post the following:

From your web site:
Quote:
Contact Information ::.
We are based in Montreal, Canada and have offices in the United States, as well as an internationally-based network infrastructure and staff from North America to Europe and Asia.
Could you please post the addresses of all your offices?
 
 


Old
  Post #127 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 08:33 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 81
Send a message via MSN to jmweb

Status: jmweb is offline
Anand has said he doesn't have much time for this thread anymore...anyone else think that possibly we are catching onto something bigger then incentives?


UPDATE: I think we uncovered something a bit more then incentives!

https://ssl.req.gouv.qc.ca/slc0110_eng.html

(The Quebec Business Registration Database)

Where Polurnet is based
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.polurnet.com/company/aboutus.php
.:: Contact Information ::.
We are based in Montreal, Canada and have offices in the United States, as well as an internationally-based network infrastructure and staff from North America to Europe and Asia.
Feel free to do a search for

CIAN Technologies Worldwide
PolurNET Communications

or any of Anands company names!
__________________
dotServing: Entering our 5th year in business. [Uptime]

Last edited by jmweb : 02-09-2006 at 08:47 PM.
 
 


Old
  Post #128 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 09:52 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 53
Send a message via MSN to PolurNET

Status: PolurNET is offline
Wasn't planning to reply, but found the following quite interesting, indeed!

Quote:
Entity Name: CHRONICHOSTING
Reg Number: 135711
Business Type: Sole Proprietorship
Reg Date: 03-May-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmweb's Every Ad
Chronichosting has been providing quality hosting at a quality price since early 2003
So haven't been registered for 2 years, likely not paying taxes either (seems you were established 2003-04-13), eh? Thought you told me you were a big company, but you only recently registered yourself in PEI.

If you actually bothered reading the thread john, you'd see I said the registration process for us is ongoing... why? Because we only reached significant expectations for income very recently within the last few months.

Yet, you had customers (seeing those "many" reviews) and claim to always be a popular choice without being registered yourself!
 
 


Old
  Post #129 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 09:55 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 81
Send a message via MSN to jmweb

Status: jmweb is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolurNET
Wasn't planning to reply, but found the following quite interesting, indeed!





So haven't been registered for 2 years nor paying taxes (seems you were established 2003-04-13), eh? Thought you told me you were a big company, but you only recently registered yourself in PEI.

If you actually bothered reading the thread john, you'd see I said the registration process for us is ongoing... why? Because we only reached significant expectations for income very recently within the last few months.

Yet, you had customers (seeing those "many" reviews) and claim to always be a popular choice without being registered yourself!

Thats right! Good job you caught that, except the fact that it wasn't always registered under its current information . Just a little bit of a history lesson, I haven't always owned Chronichosting. Shame you never caught that though. A simple search could have revealed that. But then again, this isn't about us.

So what your saying is your operating as a registered business but your not yet registered? Are you aware that, that IS illegal?
__________________
dotServing: Entering our 5th year in business. [Uptime]

Last edited by jmweb : 02-09-2006 at 09:59 PM.
 
 


Old
  Post #130 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 10:05 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 53
Send a message via MSN to PolurNET

Status: PolurNET is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmweb
Thats right! Good job you caught that, except the fact that it wasn't always registered under its current information . Shame you never caught that though. But then again, this isn't about us.
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to be a vehement host basher (or "savior of ethics" if you want to be called that), unlike you guys are. I do quick accurate research, and I don't care for any more information other than what's already been shown.

Anyway, seriously, this is wasting my time again, don't want to participate in circular discussions anymore. I just wish you guys would enforce your own code of ethics on this forum, there's still tons of threads in employment offers that completely contradict what you guys are expecting here!

</out>

Last edited by PolurNET : 02-09-2006 at 10:07 PM.
 
 


Old
  Post #131 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 10:12 PM
HD Wizard
 
Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: PEI
Posts: 2,713

Status: Blue is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolurNET
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to be a vehement host basher (or "savior of ethics" if you want to be called that), unlike you guys are. I do quick accurate research, and I don't care for any more information other than what's already been shown.

Anyway, seriously, this is wasting my time again, don't want to participate in circular discussions anymore. I just wish you guys would enforce your own code of ethics on this forum, there's still tons of threads in employment offers that completely contradict what you guys are expecting here!
This is very funny.
Instead of answering the question of why, on top of many other lies, you are lying about having an LLC company, you instead try to divert attention to another company with no facts and sloppy research.

Now that you have been caught in your lies you don't have time for the discussion. Real credible.
 
 


Old
  Post #132 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 10:12 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 81
Send a message via MSN to jmweb

Status: jmweb is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolurNET
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to be a vehement host basher (or "savior of ethics" if you want to be called that), unlike you guys are. I do quick accurate research, and I don't care for any more information other than what's already been shown.

Anyway, seriously, this is wasting my time again, don't want to participate in circular discussions anymore. I just wish you guys would enforce your own code of ethics on this forum, there's still tons of threads in employment offers that completely contradict what you guys are expecting here!

</out>
Did someone say tax fraud? Jail time?
__________________
dotServing: Entering our 5th year in business. [Uptime]
 
 


Old
  Post #133 (permalink)   02-09-2006, 11:37 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,770

Status: Artashes is offline
Gentlemen, it is now clear this discussion will never progress. After I was presented with extra material, I re-opened this thread in hopes many of the raised issues and questions can be faced and cleared in a professional manner.

This information is online and it is not going anywhere. While PolurNet decided not to proceed with publishing any more information to help resolve many of the issues the right way, there is not much else this discussion can do, other than sit online in our archives. Many very simple questions in regard to business operations went nowhere, even though plenty of time was given.

In future, should PolurNet decide to reveal some of the information that explains the ethical approaches and infrastructure of his business, which I think he owes to his customers and employees, we will once again re-open this thread. Until then, we'll keep on walking in circles about aforementioned topics. Thread closed.
 
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: