Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #31 (permalink)   11-13-2014, 07:21 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,742
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
UPDATE

It looks like 100% HVH are behind the issuing of blacklisted IPS

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1429242

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1387328
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #32 (permalink)   12-24-2014, 01:47 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lake Geneva, WI
Posts: 36
Send a message via AIM to Mia_ Send a message via MSN to Mia_ Send a message via Yahoo to Mia_

Status: Mia_ is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
UPDATE

It looks like 100% HVH are behind the issuing of blacklisted IPS

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1429242

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1387328
Eonix Corporation. All one in the same.
__________________
Jeremy Anthony Kinsey (jer@mia.net) - 262-248-6759
Budget Dedicated Servers/Colocation HostDrive.Com
cPanel Hosting/Dedicated Servers HostingLizard.Com
17 Years in the Hosting Business!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #33 (permalink)   01-03-2015, 04:02 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 114

Status: Jon N is offline
Terry,

You lack basic understanding of hosting industry knowledge to the point where you are not even able to comprehend GeoIP location. Just because an IP geolocates to one specific city does not mean that the server is located there. We have IP addresses geolocated to the US when they are routed to Amsterdam.

I provided you with a clean IP address that you could use to send mail from. That's all you really needed. I did the best I could to explain facts to you as nicely as I could with every situation but it's very overwhelming when I am faced with you pulling heaps of nonsense out of your ass that only hosting newbies would believe.

I'd be quite worried if I was one of your clients as by the look of your correspondences with us, you obviously had no idea about a lot of what you said in your tickets and are obviously not willing to back down when you're wrong. And you left that out in your original post here too, likely because you didn't want to embarrass yourself.

With that said, best of luck.

Jon
__________________
Nguyen Web Company - Empowering Excellence
Virtual Cloud Services in 16 locations WORLDWIDE
Contact us for our custom budget dedicated server deals!
http://www.nguyenwebcompany.net

Last edited by Jon N : 01-03-2015 at 04:06 PM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #34 (permalink)   01-03-2015, 04:13 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 114

Status: Jon N is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPoppen View Post
Like I said. It's the same thing every time.
I've never dealt with GVH, but from what I've seen, Jon says all the wrong things at the wrong time.

Our rules for when we mess up: Apologize, fix it, apologize some more and NEVER say the customer is wrong. Instead: point out the facts.
When the customer is wrong, the customer is wrong. Especially when they are wrong about something technical, we will not hesitate to point it out to them. A hosting provider that lets their customers be in their own little dream world of what their own false beliefs about how "techy" stuff really works is a hosting provider that's going to ultimately fail when the customer comes back to them asking "Why the hell is my stuff broken?!"

And of course, with your nonsense logic, it wouldn't be right to tell the customer, "Oh, it's because we let you believe made up facts that are actually wrong so that you could screw up your own server"

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
Well after i cancelled the server and the m still invoicing me for the WHMCS licence when i dont have a server with them is a breach of the reseller agreement they have with WHMCS, although the WHMCS licences are in the name of Hudson Valley Host, so they are reselling HVH services, but to WHMCS this makes no difference as the reseller agreement is being breached, so they are going to remind HVH of this
Read the WHMCS Reseller Agreement for yourself. You're wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
i like their announcement

https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/an...ents.php?id=24

yet they seem to ignore this
You're wrong, again, because the conditions as specified in that policy never applied to you due to you refusing to cooperate and listen to logic and instead insisting on pulling false truths out of your ass to back your nonsense claims.
__________________
Nguyen Web Company - Empowering Excellence
Virtual Cloud Services in 16 locations WORLDWIDE
Contact us for our custom budget dedicated server deals!
http://www.nguyenwebcompany.net
 
 
 


Old
  Post #35 (permalink)   01-03-2015, 04:28 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 114

Status: Jon N is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
This gets better

they gave clean IPs, which all checks point then to Williamson, NY and not Chicago, IL.

which is strange as i told them i ordered a server in Chicago and that where i want the server, their reply was



which is BS as the IPs will point to the node and not a companies HQ, so if they do point to the companys HQ in Williamson, NY then that is where the node is
This is completely WRONG and we have told you this MULTIPLE times via ticket.

An IP address can be geolocated to a certain location and be routed some place else. What really is true BS is that you don't believe this fact and are insistent upon your nonsense belief when there is actual proof (Do you know what a traceroute is????)

You are a client who is so ingrained into the "The customer is always right, even when they're wrong!" bull**** from other hosting companies that you convince yourself that you're right even when there's proof to be presented from reliable technical sources that you're not. "The customer is always right" can be applied in many cases, but in cases like this, you're wrong.

TRACEROUTE TRACEROUTE TRACEROUTE is how you find where a server is located. Not one of those RIDICULOUSLY STUPID "IP location checkers" that fool people into believing that's where their server location GUARANTEED IS so that they can get ad clicking revenue from their Google Adsense.
__________________
Nguyen Web Company - Empowering Excellence
Virtual Cloud Services in 16 locations WORLDWIDE
Contact us for our custom budget dedicated server deals!
http://www.nguyenwebcompany.net
 
 
 


Old
  Post #36 (permalink)   01-03-2015, 04:29 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,742
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon N View Post
Terry,

You lack basic understanding of hosting industry knowledge to the point where you are not even able to comprehend GeoIP location. Just because an IP geolocates to one specific city does not mean that the server is located there. We have IP addresses geolocated to the US when they are routed to Amsterdam.

I provided you with a clean IP address that you could use to send mail from. That's all you really needed. I did the best I could to explain facts to you as nicely as I could with every situation but it's very overwhelming when I am faced with you pulling heaps of nonsense out of your ass that only hosting newbies would believe.

I'd be quite worried if I was one of your clients as by the look of your correspondences with us, you obviously had no idea about a lot of what you said in your tickets and are obviously not willing to back down when you're wrong. And you left that out in your original post here too, likely because you didn't want to embarrass yourself.

With that said, best of luck.

Jon
No when you provide a service then the end user expects all clean IPS, not just for sending mail. i have been in the hosing business for many years i know what is expected and all about geoIP locations.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #37 (permalink)   01-03-2015, 05:48 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 114

Status: Jon N is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
No when you provide a service then the end user expects all clean IPS, not just for sending mail. i have been in the hosing business for many years i know what is expected and all about geoIP locations.
I apologize that you were dissatisfied with that you received, however you can't argue against the fact that we accommodated you with what you actually needed. You really only needed 1 clean IP address for mailing based on the reasoning you initially gave us. If we saw need for any more clean IP addresses, we would have went out of our way more than we had to get you it, but there was no need.

If you disagreed with what we determined that you needed, the process would be to converse with us in a logical manner to convince us that you need more than what we allocated. We allocated the IP addresses that were specified in the plan and gave you a clean IP address for mailing. You do not need clean IP addresses for nameservers or any of the other reasons you specified. You tried to argue with us with nonsense reasoning about why you needed your entire allocation to be clean. You were paying like .. $16.95 per month for a managed VPS with cPanel/WHM included. The cheapest price you'll ever find for that plan .. anywhere. I think that for the price you paid, what we offered you was very reasonable especially because everything you intended on using the server for was accommodated for appropriately.

You don't know all about geoIP. You've never heard of the term before I mentioned it to you, don't lie. I had to correct you before you learned what geoIP actually is and the proof is in your tickets and your previous posts here.

Don't argue against my points, it's pointless and you've already made it clear that you don't know much of what you're talking about in regards to these matters.

I've been told this before and I've taken the following advice many times, and it is time for me to give this advice to you because it's in an applicable situation: "Sit down and shut up because you're trying to argue with someone who knows more than you and you're going to embarrass yourself by arguing further."

1. You made things up
2. You realized your nonsense was wrong after I corrected you, but you still try to argue that your nonsense is right.
3. When it is too overwhelming that you're wrong, you pretend that you knew the right thing all along

It doesn't work like that. And if I backed down like this for every technical situation where a client is wrong, they would come running back to me asking me why this and that and this broke .. and I don't want to have to tell them "I lied and told you that what you thought was right to make you happy" because that's just a mentally retarded thing to do.
__________________
Nguyen Web Company - Empowering Excellence
Virtual Cloud Services in 16 locations WORLDWIDE
Contact us for our custom budget dedicated server deals!
http://www.nguyenwebcompany.net

Last edited by Jon N : 01-03-2015 at 06:01 PM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #38 (permalink)   01-04-2015, 04:26 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 4,742
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
i was told

Quote:
Ernie said that ColoCrossing doesn't really have any clean IPv4 ranges in Chicago at this time, however they have some in Buffalo.

Would you like me to migrate you over to Buffalo and reassign your IP addresses?

Regards,
Quote:
Our data center is currently working with the SBL to have the IPs deblacklisted.

In the meantime if mailing urgent for you, I recommend using Mandrillapp.
Quote:
There's unfortunately nothing I can do at this time because Ernie said that they don't have any clean IP addresses available. Are you not able to use Mandrill?
you admitted your DC did not have clean IPS, then you tell me to use a 3rd party (why when i was paying you and you never delivered)

Quote:
Hi Terry,

Why would you need clean IP addresses for your nameservers, main site/WHMCS if the SBL status of the IP addresses do not affect those in any way?

I can only see a purpose for a clean IP address needed for mailing?

Regards,

Jon Nguyen, Operations Director
Green Value Hosting, Inc. Management
well it is expected that any client should be given clean IPS and not blacklisted IPS, but it seems if people read WHT posts you have a habit of blaming and calling customers for your failings.

no need to reply as you are on my ignore list now

Maybe Admin/Mods can close this thread
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: