Originally Posted by moises9485
If you have some of the following as a part of your website design, you can be sure that visitors to your site find it annoying.
1. Background music - it is only for an internet radio or a site that sells CDs.
2. Huge font size - the kind that shouts at you. Keep in mind that no one likes being shouted at.
3. Small font size - the exact opposite of being shouted at i.e. huge font size. If, you wish to be heard, a normal tone at a reasonable volume is required.
4. Layers that overlap are 'too much in your face' message screaming. Subtle persuasion is far better than employing sheer 'brute force'.
5. Popup windows - even while these are blocked by add on tools, certain website designs continue to employ them. Why not place your important messages in a central part of your web design rather than trying to get them across with the help of irritating pop-ups.
Thanks for the tips. I don't necessarily agree with subtle persuasion - this can go both ways depending on your marketing strategy and target audience. While you don't want over the top brute force, you do want your product or service in their face.