View Single Post

Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   01-23-2011, 01:01 PM
HostMantis
HD Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBlueBear View Post
I thought about that and that was my first plan too. But, and maybe I need a sanity check here, the seller is even less of a businessman than I. He actually gave me his master login to WHCMS now to look around. He's a graphic artist and was hosting his clients but now he wants to stop dealing with it and just do his artwork--he's an artist not a businessman and has no intention, AFAICT, to trick anybody.

So it SEEMS that I can trust him. He also said it would be fine with him to use escrow or if I would find a lawyer in his city and have the lawyer hold the check while he makes the transfer--then I'm very protected.

But since he appears so easy going about it, I thought to just save a few dollars and skip the lawyer. That's why I also did some research on him, to try to ascertain his veracity, and what that I can find coincides with everything he has said. So I think he is an honest person.
It's possible that he is truly an honest person, but as much theft we see on a daily basis from shady people that appear honest until they get what they want and then disappear, is a huge chance to take with that amount of money.

It's possible the WHMCS account he gave you login info for is an account that has been compromised and the owner is unaware at this point.
HostMantis on: Facebook Twitter