View Single Post

Post #4 (permalink)   11-16-2017, 06:54 PM
HD Master

Originally Posted by SpdyHost View Post
I'm sorry to hear you had this sort of experience. Do you mind sharing what they quoted you and what you planned on using a dedicated server for? When I contacted their Pre-Sales, I was already with another provider and knew what I was looking for in terms of specs. I wasn't willing to pay more than what I was already paying for with my existing provider at that time. When I explained that in the beginning, they never gave me hassle or push back during our discussion via email. Matter of fact, I got a personal email from one of the higher-ups congratulating me on becoming a customer of theirs and said that it is rare to see specs like mine get approved at such a low price.
Thank you for sharing my feelings regarding this and absolutely.

Basically I was seeking to get on board with their full management plus minimal IntraCloud solution. Except I had questions about switching it onto SSDs and such. So when the pre sale person asked me what I required I said...
I am looking to start minimally on 1 CPU core, 3/4GB of RAM, 15GB SSD space, and Cpanel.

Instead of that they quoted me for 4GB of RAM and explained to me that I would "better off" on a dedicated server for $99/month.

Again I felt like I was being up sold.