View Single Post

  Post #11 (permalink)   05-12-2007, 01:16 PM
HD Newbie
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12

Status: vincent_g is offline
In the USA this depends on if you wish to open a merchant account.

Most if not all merchants require a business certificate.

If you wish to use services such Paypal or 2checkout then you don't need a certificate.

The cheapest way is to do a Doing Business As ( DBA ) which can be filed in your local Court House. A small Corp is better but costs more to setup.

Really this depends on how serious you are about your business.

If you are just starting out and have a small monthly income I would just use your SSN and use PayPal and a CC service like 2Checkout.

This way you can see if this business is really what you want to do.

This however limits you is some ways in that billing becomes a small problem using these services. But you can get around these minor problems.

CW3 Web Hosting

Core Duo Raid 5 for the ultimate in hosting
99.99% Up Time - Low Server population.