For Wanna-Be Moderators
How does one become a moderator?
HostingDiscussion is always on the lookout for exceptional individuals with clear interest and passion toward web hosting industry who can dedicated their time and effort in guiding and guarding one of the most recognized hosting communities.
Being a moderator on our forum isn't easy, but it does have its advantages. You get to network with interesting people, you get to participate in the development of exciting new projects, you get to learn how to exercise logic, reach fair and balanced decisions. Most importantly, a moderator position helps you grow into an even more responsible human being.
Like with everything else, there are certain requirements:
- You have to be 18 years of age or older.
- You cannot own, work for, volunteer for any web hosting company.
- You need to have outstanding written English skills: perfect spelling, correct grammar, punctuation marks and coherent expressions.
- You need to know the Rules (duh!): general and forum-specific.
- You have to be comfortable enforcing the forum policies and lead by example.
- You need to have a clean member history, free of warnings, infractions and run-ins with other members.
- You need to be an active and an excellent contributor. Your member history is the face of this community.
- You need to have good knowledge of the web hosting industry.
- You need to stay proactive: screen new posts, keep up the conversations and prevent conflicts.
- You need to stay friendly, fair and politically correct with the members under any circumstances and at all times.
- You need to be able to hang around here as often and as regularly as you can.
Motivation and willingness to take leadership is key. At the same time, keep in mind that moderators, advisors and administrators work as a team and as its member, you have access to an outstanding support network. If you need assistance with something, there is always someone who can advice and help you make the best decision.
One of my biggest personal motivators is the team behind HostingDiscussion. I could not have been more proud of our staff members who I have been growing and improving this community with for many years.
We'd like to continue the tradition of gaining great leaders passionate about the industry who thrive in positions of responsibility, enjoy dealing with people and intrinsically motivated to take charge of projects and improve HostingDiscussion for thousands of web hosting professionals and enthusiasts.
If you think you've got it in you, send us your application and tell us why we should pick you as our new community leader. Our decision is based on your member history and feedback of all the staff members. Don't be upset if you don't get selected, this is not the end of the world. We just think that you can add more value to the community by continuing to be a member. Although we can always come back to considering you for the position at a later time.
Best of luck!
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:07 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.1.0