Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   12-11-2017, 11:42 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 56

Status: Kieran is offline
Hello,

Can we get a hosting listings page, that's just a table?

For example, if I want a reseller I'd like the list of providers that offer it here, as on google and else where you rarely find small providers and sometimes the hosting offers are to detailed and people just want the site link.

I'd suggest the following sections;

Provider, Services, Website, Owner (If different), Feedback (Links to Posts),

It'd be up to you if you auto submit hosts, or you require them to fill in a little more info in profiles to be listed.


- Kieran
__________________
Kieran Cairns | Website Developer & Graphics Designer | Affordable & Personalised Services | Including Website Modernisation
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Kieran For This Useful Post:
Artashes (12-11-2017)


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   12-11-2017, 12:35 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,973

Status: Artashes is offline
I like structure and organized information in general, and we have something similar in the works.

Other than that, those looking for a reseller provider, they can always browse the reseller hosting offers: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/res...osting-offers/

A listing page of reseller providers will not do that much good if you can't really see what they offer, while an active marketplace dedicated to reselling will actually give you the latest and freshest deals from active hosting companies.
 
 
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artashes For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (12-14-2017), Kieran (12-11-2017)


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   12-11-2017, 05:32 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 56

Status: Kieran is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
I like structure and organized information in general, and we have something similar in the works.

Other than that, those looking for a reseller provider, they can always browse the reseller hosting offers: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/res...osting-offers/

A listing page of reseller providers will not do that much good if you can't really see what they offer, while an active marketplace dedicated to reselling will actually give you the latest and freshest deals from active hosting companies.
Sorry for any confusion. However, I meant that some people may want basic information in a large list of hosting providers of all sizes, as google often fails to help people find smaller hosts.

Furthermore, some smaller hosts may not advertise for one reason or another, for example I provision some paid services, however I don't advertise them at this time.
__________________
Kieran Cairns | Website Developer & Graphics Designer | Affordable & Personalised Services | Including Website Modernisation
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   12-11-2017, 07:53 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,973

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
Furthermore, some smaller hosts may not advertise for one reason or another, for example I provision some paid services, however I don't advertise them at this time.
I am not sure I follow. Do you think you can explain this a bit further?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   12-14-2017, 11:03 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,378
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post

For example, if I want a reseller I'd like the list of providers that offer it here, as on google and else where you rarely find small providers and sometimes the hosting offers are to detailed and people just want the site link.
You do know why you never see small hosts on these lists and most top 10 lists.
The reason is all these hosts pay to be on these lists and the more money they pay the higher up the list they appear
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   12-14-2017, 12:29 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,973

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
You do know why you never see small hosts on these lists and most top 10 lists.
The reason is all these hosts pay to be on these lists and the more money they pay the higher up the list they appear
Correction: these hosts don't pay directly for "top 10" listings, but they end up on them because they pay the highest commissions and "top 10" webmasters place them on these lists.

What's most embarrassing is when you see hosting directories that collect reviews for hundreds and thousands of companies, yet they still push the same 5-10 highest-commission companies up front as ones that miraculously have the best reviews/scores.
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: