Hosting Discussion

Hosting Discussion (https://www.hostingdiscussion.com/)
-   Billing and Accounting (https://www.hostingdiscussion.com/billing-accounting/)
-   -   WHMCS Support (https://www.hostingdiscussion.com/billing-accounting/66165-whmcs-support.html)


zerohosting 01-21-2018 03:26 PM

WHMCS Support
 
Has anyone use SupportPal for support instead of WHMCS?

I want to know if it is any good.

in the mean time i have been trying to connect WHMCS to Freshdesk is anyone able to assist me with this?


Thanks in advance

sclaeys 01-21-2018 07:14 PM

I don't think Freshdesk is supported by WHMCS. You will need a 3rd party module for this project.

whmcsguru 01-22-2018 02:56 PM

SupportPal is released by LicensePal . This used to be called ArcticDesk, and just had so many issues it's not even funny. Not sure that they got those resolved, or whether they just rebranded, haven't actually looked at the system in a while, but it was pretty well known that they had issues with ArcticDesk

Modules Garden has a freshdesk module out, but it is modulesgarden, meaning it is likely going to take forever to get any bugs or updates worked on. They're notoriously slow and lazy

zerohosting 01-23-2018 11:10 AM

Dosent sound to promising i may leave it due to rebranding.

I think the best thing is to stick with WHMCS, i seen the module on modulesgarden but its a bit expense at the moment.

Thanks

easyhostmedia 01-23-2018 12:35 PM

WHMCS only support their own built in system or Kayako

24x7server 01-23-2018 04:36 PM

I think the best thing is to stick with WHMCS only. :)

zerohosting 01-24-2018 03:11 AM

I am definitely agree, from what people are saying/ my experience with other help desks its not worth the trouble

SenseiSteve 01-24-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sclaeys (Post 227256)
I don't think Freshdesk is supported by WHMCS. You will need a 3rd party module for this project.

Welcome to Hosting Discussion, Scott :)

easyhostmedia 01-24-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24x7server (Post 227297)
I think the best thing is to stick with WHMCS only. :)

I agree, why spend money on a module etc, that may fail or not work well when WHMCS already has its own functional system that does everything you need

whmcsguru 01-24-2018 04:33 PM

Except it doesn't, for many.

The editor for WHMCS support is just horrible
The system doesn't automatically assign tickets where it should
The custom fields are all left unencrypted in the database (so much for security)
There is no method for 'priority' support
There's no effective method for banning paid individuals from support (yes, it needs to happen rarely)

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, it is decent, but it certainly does not 'do everything you need'.

wsac 01-25-2018 11:28 PM

I definitely agree, 100% with WHMCS

Harv45 01-25-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whmcsguru (Post 227342)
There's no effective method for banning paid individuals from support (yes, it needs to happen rarely)

What?? If you need to ban someone from support then you may as well terminate the service and close the entire account while your at it.

Most places will ban you for the whole ordeal if you treat their staffs like trash or won't stop spamming their support channels.

easyhostmedia 01-26-2018 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harv45 (Post 227377)
What?? If you need to ban someone from support then you may as well terminate the service and close the entire account while your at it.

Most places will ban you for the whole ordeal if you treat their staffs like trash or won't stop spamming their support channels.

I agree. Most hosts will have in their TOS if you abuse their support or services your account will be terminated

webconfigure 01-26-2018 04:55 AM

WHMCS is the best option which has number of options and very easy to use. Go with it. Instead of searching for the other options WHMCS is good to use.

zerohosting 01-26-2018 09:08 AM

Definity for the time being i will be sticking with WHMCS.

whmcsguru 01-26-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harv45 (Post 227377)
Most places will ban you for the whole ordeal if you treat their staffs like trash or won't stop spamming their support channels.

The legality of doing this isn't that black and white. Yes, in theory it works, but in practicality not so much, and yes, it can be very costly.

However, simply blocking someone from support (WHMCS does do this themselves, but doesn't provide the methodology they use to the public) is not going to cross any legal lines. You're paying for hosting, not support.

We've all dealt with that user that needs a timeout from support. Usually, they get better when they come back :P . WHMCS should provide a method for doing this in their system

Harv45 01-26-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whmcsguru (Post 227405)
The legality of doing this isn't that black and white. Yes, in theory it works, but in practicality not so much, and yes, it can be very costly.

However, simply blocking someone from support (WHMCS does do this themselves, but doesn't provide the methodology they use to the public) is not going to cross any legal lines. You're paying for hosting, not support.

We've all dealt with that user that needs a timeout from support. Usually, they get better when they come back :P . WHMCS should provide a method for doing this in their system

Assuming your ToS is legal adhering then you should be in the clear. Given that basically the online version of "pen and paper contract".

Because the customer is technically paying for the support services too. While there are a few brands that exclusively offer "zero" support those are one in a few given that in this industry you are expected to offer at least "basic" support services.

easyhostmedia 01-27-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whmcsguru (Post 227405)
The legality of doing this isn't that black and white. Yes, in theory it works, but in practicality not so much, and yes, it can be very costly.

However, simply blocking someone from support (WHMCS does do this themselves, but doesn't provide the methodology they use to the public) is not going to cross any legal lines. You're paying for hosting, not support.

We've all dealt with that user that needs a timeout from support. Usually, they get better when they come back :P . WHMCS should provide a method for doing this in their system

Support is part of the plan they purchase, you have the legal right to remove services from anyone, just like any high street store can refuse to serve you without a reason.

we simply have this statement in our TOS

Quote:

Any abuse of our staff in any medium or format will result in the suspension or termination of your services.
which as our TOS were checked and approved by Trading Standards in the UK we know is legal

alpshost1 01-30-2018 06:03 AM

I've been using WHMCS for 7 months now with no issues at all. No plans of changing it anytime soon

Cheapest 03-11-2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpshost1 (Post 227480)
I've been using WHMCS for 7 months now with no issues at all. No plans of changing it anytime soon

do you bought it from whmcs.com dirrectly or which distributor?

easyhostmedia 03-11-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheapest (Post 228482)
do you bought it from whmcs.com dirrectly or which distributor?

You cant get WHMCS from a distributor, you can only get it direct or from a WHMCS reseller ( which you have to use on their own servers)

gettyhosting 03-12-2018 03:43 AM

If you are using WHMCS then best option is to use WHMCS support system only. You will have less headache of maintenance.
However, there are multiple tools available for support.
Open ticket
OSTicket
Smarter Tools
Kayako
and lot more.

whmcsguru 03-12-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyhostmedia (Post 228492)
You cant get WHMCS from a distributor, you can only get it direct or from a WHMCS reseller ( which you have to use on their own servers)

They're likely referring to a reseller.
Oddly enough, there's still those out there giving them away.

easyhostmedia 03-12-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whmcsguru (Post 228502)
They're likely referring to a reseller.
Oddly enough, there's still those out there giving them away.

I reported 2 sellers on ebay selling WHMCS licences both to WHMCS and ebay and they are still selling.

SenseiSteve 03-12-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyhostmedia (Post 228503)
I reported 2 sellers on ebay selling WHMCS licences both to WHMCS and ebay and they are still selling.

How long ago did you report that activity?

easyhostmedia 03-12-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenseiSteve (Post 228508)
How long ago did you report that activity?

reported 9th Dec 2017. the ebay seller has just relisted the listing.

WHMCS sent me this on 9th Dec.

Quote:

Hello Terry,

Thank you for contacting WHMCS Technical Support.

No, these are not genuine, we have flagged these with eBay to have removed and appreciate you bringing them to our attention

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

--
Christopher Downs
Technical Analyst I
WHMCS, Ltd.
http://whmcs.com

dts-net.com 03-27-2018 11:39 AM

nice thing with whmcs is there always adding features and updating there software

xpassgf 03-29-2018 03:12 AM

Let's believe in closing the eyes WHMCS .

bigpowerhosting 08-26-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dts-net.com (Post 228855)
nice thing with whmcs is there always adding features and updating there software

I wish they would add more features like a built in forum for example.

easyhostmedia 08-27-2018 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpowerhosting (Post 231694)
I wish they would add more features like a built in forum for example.

you can always use https://requests.whmcs.com/ and request features

techperx 11-14-2018 01:25 PM

I wish there would be any other tool to compete with WHMCS but no. I have been also using this since a long time but never faced any issue. I would suggest to only use WHMCS and never waste your time to go with another one.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.1.0