Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



FORUM SUPPORTERS:

Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   02-15-2018, 12:05 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: italy
Posts: 36

Status: caygriweb is offline
Hello,

I have small company my colleague and I.

I'm looking a platform/cms free or payment where I manage client and work with my co-worker.

Generally this is the process.

I receive email > share on trello request with my colleague > decide price > send email to clieint with quotation> if client accept i generate invoice > client payment > start work


It's not that simple, because client send me a lots of email, often I don't contact anymore or lost name or email contact. .

With my colleague I talk on trello but isn't enough because usually in a job there is a lot of task and in discussion some task lost.

With client I use email, but it's not good because send a lot of email and it's difficult manage all request.

It's exist a platform who has all this request?

I know it's a lot of features
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   02-15-2018, 02:09 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,520
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by caygriweb View Post
Hello,

I have small company my colleague and I.

I'm looking a platform/cms free or payment where I manage client and work with my co-worker.

Generally this is the process.

I receive email > share on trello request with my colleague > decide price > send email to clieint with quotation> if client accept i generate invoice > client payment > start work


It's not that simple, because client send me a lots of email, often I don't contact anymore or lost name or email contact. .

With my colleague I talk on trello but isn't enough because usually in a job there is a lot of task and in discussion some task lost.

With client I use email, but it's not good because send a lot of email and it's difficult manage all request.

It's exist a platform who has all this request?

I know it's a lot of features
Look at WHMCS (whmcs.com) it managed clients and billing, has its own built in ticket system and a method to communicate between admins/staff
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   02-15-2018, 10:11 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 382
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
WHMCS isn't free, but it is reasonably priced, and can be extended via modules, etc, to do precisely what you're looking for.
__________________
Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
Check out my WHMCS Addons
+1 - 866-546-8914 / skype - admin_139201 / twitter/facebook - @whmcsguru
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   02-15-2018, 10:49 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 301

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
WHMCS isn't free, but it is reasonably priced, and can be extended via modules, etc, to do precisely what you're looking for.
Sorry but for up to $40 per month plus many other add ons it far from being "reasonably priced". At least relevant to others.

Even Clientexec scores better in that department AND allow you the option to get a lifetime license to boost.

Plus... I keep on seeing around the communities that WHMCS support is not so "hot". So in short I personally believe they are a money dump 2nd to HostBill.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   02-15-2018, 11:22 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1

Status: sdeepinc is offline
WHMCS, ClientExec, HostBill are the three option I know you can use, you know your requirement better so try to use all three of them and try to evaluate as per your requirements.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   02-15-2018, 11:30 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 301

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeepinc View Post
WHMCS, ClientExec, HostBill are the three option I know you can use, you know your requirement better so try to use all three of them and try to evaluate as per your requirements.
Unfortunately you can't try most of those I believe as Clientexec is only one out of the three that offer free trials.

There may be MBGs on the others but in the software industry it's honestly puzzling in my mind NOT to provide a trial version and/or period.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   02-16-2018, 02:14 AM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,060

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Sorry but for up to $40 per month plus many other add ons it far from being "reasonably priced".
"Reasonable" has a different meaning to different people.
I think the price of 2 movie outings a month with your second half for something that runs and supports your entire business is more than reasonable.
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Artashes For This Useful Post:
SenseiSteve (02-16-2018)


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   02-16-2018, 02:38 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,520
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
WHMCS start from $16 if you have less than 250 clients, but check with your host as they maybe a WHMCS reseller and provide a cheaper licence
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   02-16-2018, 10:32 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 301

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
"Reasonable" has a different meaning to different people.
I meant strictly in the realms of competition. No opinions in that regards.

Like I said I think there only one billing platform that costs more than WHMCS (unlimited to unlimited comparisons).
 
 
 


Old
  Post #10 (permalink)   02-16-2018, 10:56 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,520
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
I meant strictly in the realms of competition. No opinions in that regards.

Like I said I think there only one billing platform that costs more than WHMCS (unlimited to unlimited comparisons).
These are currently the only paid ones and the prices for unlimited clients

Clientexec $16 Per month
Boxbilling $5.95 per month
Blesta $12.95 per month
BILLmanager $59.20 per month
WHMCS $39.95 per month

HostBill $999 one time

WHMCS $18.95 per month for upto 250 clients
WHMCS $24.95 per month for upto 1000 clients
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easyhostmedia For This Useful Post:
Artashes (02-16-2018), Harv45 (02-16-2018)


Old
  Post #11 (permalink)   02-16-2018, 11:08 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 301

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
These are currently the only paid ones and the prices for unlimited clients

Clientexec $16 Per month
Boxbilling $5.95 per month
Blesta $12.95 per month
BILLmanager $59.20 per month
WHMCS $39.95 per month

HostBill $999 one time

WHMCS $18.95 per month for upto 250 clients
WHMCS $24.95 per month for upto 1000 clients
Okay I stand corrected, thanks for the information.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #12 (permalink)   02-16-2018, 11:35 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: India
Posts: 96
Send a message via Skype™ to webconfigure

Status: webconfigure is offline
I would suggest the WHMCS first and if you you would like then try HostBill but WHMCS is always best.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #13 (permalink)   02-16-2018, 12:50 PM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 5,157

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
To each their own, but we're sticking with WHMCS simply because it works for us.
__________________
Hostirian - Saint Louis Data Center and Dedicated Servers Provider - (800) 615-9349
Colocation, Cloud Servers & Managed WordPress Solutions
Nearly 20 years of IT experience | SSAE-18 Certified, HIPAA Compliant
Insanely Fast PCIe NVMe Servers
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to SenseiSteve For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (02-16-2018)


Old
  Post #14 (permalink)   02-17-2018, 05:02 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: India
Posts: 372
Send a message via Skype™ to 24x7server

Status: 24x7server is offline
WHMCS would work perfectly in your case.
__________________
www.24x7servermanagement.com
Server Management, Server Security, Server Monitoring.
Network Monitoring Team !! Skype: techs24x7
 
 
 


Old
  Post #15 (permalink)   02-17-2018, 07:31 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 382
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Sorry but for up to $40 per month plus many other add ons it far from being "reasonably priced". At least relevant to others.
Now, be realistic. Most people won't hit that $40/month mark

I don't like the tiered pricing, either, but, like I said, most aren't going to hit that $40/month mark.

As far as addons, what, you'd have addon devs work for free? No thank you. Quality code takes time. You can't pay your rent in "free".
__________________
Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
Check out my WHMCS Addons
+1 - 866-546-8914 / skype - admin_139201 / twitter/facebook - @whmcsguru
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: