I have a small issue (well quite a large one really).
I have just bought my own dedicated server and wanted to transfer my domain from my old hosting provider to my new one (the new one being me). However my old hosting provider will not let me transfer the domain. It's locked to their domain registrar and they are refusing to unlock it or give me the EPP code unless I have been with them for 6 months or more. I haven't even been with them a month before I decided to leave as their service was not meeting my expectations.
Personally, I think they're just being cheeky. But I've been fighting with them for almost 24 hours now. They are not going to let me transfer the domain. And annoyingly enough, neither will they refund it.
What annoys me even more still is that I paid 123-reg to transfer the domain and they are unable to do so because it is locked.
I will either have to convince my old hosting company to unlock the domain (which they won't) or I'll have to ask 123-reg for a refund.
Today is not a good day for me so far.
I am trying to reset up a web hosting company as my previous company went a bit haywire (hence why I left my old server provider). I didn't have root access, the servers went down, they never rebooted them. I couldn't do anything, and my customers were, quite frankly, very unhappy. And rightfully so. I mean it wasn't their fault was it?!
So, that's basically why I bought my own server. I have complete control. And I will be there to reboot it. No more waiting around for useless providers to come to the rescue. Coz I am the provider now.
Anyway, that doesn't solve the issue with the domain.
I wanted to keep my old domain but I've had enough battling for it.
So could you help me choose another one?
I've been searching for available domains for hours now and all the good ones are already taken (even some really bad ones too.
But I need a really good and tacky name and domain for my company.
I need something that'll stand out (as well as be available for registration). I'm going to carry on thinking...but if you have any suggestions please post them below. I'd be most grateful.
In case you're wondering, the company listed in my signature is the company name I wanted to transfer across.
The one they are refusing to let me transfer. It's a real shame as I really liked that name. And I need a .com
domain by the way guys.