Join Date: May 2013
Company: LiteSpeed Technologies
Sysadmin for our core team providing technical support to LiteSpeed users. (Linux/Unix, Apache, cPanel required. Web hosting experience preferred.)
LiteSpeed Web Server (LSWS) is the fourth most popular web server on the Internet and the world's #1 commercial web server. We are looking for a flexible, motivated sysadmin with experience and interest in web hosting and web servers (like Apache) — someone who enjoys new situations and solving customer problems. The ideal candidate would have experience with customer-facing web hosting troubleshooting, years of Linux experience, and the ability to write documentation.
The systems administrator/engineer position is full-time, W2, with health benefits. It will be on-site at our office in northern New Jersey. You may start remotely, on a contract-to-hire basis, but we will require you to relocate to NJ once both sides are confident in our ability to work together (about 1-2 months).
More information about LiteSpeed Technologies can be found on our website —*litespeedtech.com
Salary: Competitive based on experience, with bonuses. Relocation packages are available for out of state hires. LiteSpeed Technologies provides full health benefits.
* Serve as level 2 support technician, diagnosing and solving various issues on production servers via ssh and/or kvm console.
* Build/lead offsite support team.
* Test new features, check bug reports.
* Manage and improve internal infrastructure (production servers, internal test servers, backups, VPN).
* Write support documents and tutorials on*LiteSpeed*products.
* Maintain websites and web applications for and connected to*LiteSpeed*products.
* Minimum 3 years experience in web hosting industry or 3+ years experience as a Linux system admin.
* BS in computer science or related field a plus.
* Comfortable and efficient working/troubleshooting on live production servers.
* Thorough understanding of Networking, TCP/IP, HTTP.
* Very familiar with Apache and major hosting control panels (cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, InterWorx...). Knowledge of*LiteSpeed Web Server would be a great advantage.
* Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills.
* Legally permitted to work in the USA.
* Strong, efficient troubleshooting skills, especially with novel problems and environments
* Full and deep understanding of both Linux and Unix
* Apache configurations (mod_rewrite, mod_security…) and trouble shooting
* MySQL administration and performance trouble shooting
* IPTABLES firewall administration
* HA Cluster setup and administration
* Working with open source tools/projects
* Can use source control software: git, svn, cvs
* PHP, Perl, shell scripting
* OpenVZ, VMware, Citrix XenServer, XenSource, or other virtualization platforms
* Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP (including IPV6)
* Excellent communication skills
* LiteSpeed Web Server knowledge
* Experience with cPanel, Plesk, Webmin, Plesk, DirectAdmin, and other control panels
* Team building skills
* Document and tutorial writing
* Experience with Kernel hardening, IPFW, and other security tools
* Computer science background
*Not Required, But Might Be a Plus:*
* Experience with NGINX, IIS, and other webservers
* Experience with database programs other than MySQL
* Nagios, Cacti, RRD, SNMP, or other monitoring tools
If you want to work with the other motivated individuals in the LiteSpeed team, please contact our human resources department at hr[at]litespeedtech[dot]com