In this article we explain in simple steps how to create an email account in Webmin.
Webmin is a free control panel that provides a simple yet effective user interface for website and server owners to manage their services (mail server, dns, apache, ssl etc).
Here are the steps to create an e-mail account:
From the left-side Menu, click “System” and then click on “Users and Groups”
Click on “Create a new user” link
Fill in the form with appropriate information. For this article’s purposes we will use the username: demouser. The following ones are recommended to be filled-in:
- Username (if you want to have an email address email@example.com
, set the username’s value to demouser)
- User ID: leave it automatic
- Real Name: required only for you to identify each account from the list
- Home Directory: Click “Directory” and set it to: /home/<username> where <username> is what you set in the Username field
- Shell: Leave it as it is
- Password: click the “Normal password” and type your desired password (it will be encrypted on save/exit)
You will see few more settings/fields on the same form. You may fill them in if you like. However, the above mentioned fields are those required to have a valid e-mail account created.
FINAL STEP 4.
Now click the “Create” button and you are done!