Hosting Discussion

Hosting Discussion (https://www.hostingdiscussion.com/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.hostingdiscussion.com/general-discussion/)
-   -   Niceday Hosting Closing Down (https://www.hostingdiscussion.com/general-discussion/67120-niceday-hosting-closing-down.html)


easyhostmedia 04-21-2018 06:13 AM

Niceday Hosting Closing Down
 
Hi all HD members

It is with great regret and sadness that after 18 years of running a web hosting business (which has had its challenges over the years) I have decided to close down Niceday Hosting.

This has not been an easy decision to make and one I wish I did not have to make, but with rising costs and the loss of some large clients (they closed their businesses) over the last couple of months it is no longer economically viable to keep Niceday Hosting running.

I will be officially closing Niceday Hosting down on 24th May 2018.

I will not be leaving HD as even though my business will close, i still have 18 years of knowledge that can help others.

webalternative 04-21-2018 04:16 PM

I wish you all the best in your futur projects :)

HostOX 04-21-2018 05:03 PM

Would you rather someone buy the left over clients? I would buy them off you so they are looked after?

24x7server 04-21-2018 10:52 PM

Good luck with your newest journey, hope it all works out well for you and we wish you the best. :)

easyhostmedia 04-22-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HostOX (Post 229303)
Would you rather someone buy the left over clients? I would buy them off you so they are looked after?

I think most will sort themselves out, but thanks anyway

HostOX 04-22-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyhostmedia (Post 229316)
I think most will sort themselves out, but thanks anyway

No problem, shame as I would pay a nice figure on them to top up ours :)

easyhostmedia 04-22-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HostOX (Post 229317)
No problem, shame as I would pay a nice figure on them to top up ours :)

As i have given them a month i will see how many remain in 2 weeks time.

Artashes 04-23-2018 11:50 AM

Terry, wow, that is quite the news! Sorry to hear that your business was an indirect casualty of a circumstance. You've done very well in this business so it is sad to be losing a knowledgeable person in the game.

Maybe there is still a chance for you to rebound until the end of May. In case you find new clients to make up for the loss, would you consider staying in web hosting?

And if not, what are your thoughts about where to go next?

easyhostmedia 04-23-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artashes (Post 229331)
Terry, wow, that is quite the news! Sorry to hear that your business was an indirect casualty of a circumstance. You've done very well in this business so it is sad to be losing a knowledgeable person in the game.

Maybe there is still a chance for you to rebound until the end of May. In case you find new clients to make up for the loss, would you consider staying in web hosting?

And if not, what are your thoughts about where to go next?

Thanks.

I dont think i can rebound before the end of May, i looked at loads of ways to try and keep going, even at cheaper servers, but do i leave the reliable servers and excellent support of bigscoots to a budget provider that gives little support and unreliable servers.

It has been a hard last 8 years after i banned a client for not paying his fees. he started a campaign of attack against me and my website on sites such as mywot, even having some of his cronnies say they had bad shopping experiences on domains that i had registered but had no websites, saying i posted his person info on public forums and he even threatened to DDOS my servers if i did not give me my server passwords, he posted on WHT so when i reported his comments i got banned and he remains on WHT till this day. I was told i could have taken him to court and force him to remove all the comments etc, but it would have cost me 10K. i lost a lot of clients over his comments, but i fought on and changed my business name
you can read his lies on here

https://forum.mywot.com/reputation-d...eebcec94be4691

he is dan2k9 and notice if anyone defends me he attacks them saying they are me using a different name

even here http://www.whtop.com/review/easyasabc-hosting.com

but anyway getting back to me closing. I am holding onto my main domain as i could return at a future date.

easyhostmedia 04-23-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HostOX (Post 229317)
No problem, shame as I would pay a nice figure on them to top up ours :)

PM me with the sort of figures you are talking about

HostOX 04-23-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyhostmedia (Post 229332)
Thanks.

I dont think i can rebound before the end of May, i looked at loads of ways to try and keep going, even at cheaper servers, but do i leave the reliable servers and excellent support of bigscoots to a budget provider that gives little support and unreliable servers.

It has been a hard last 8 years after i banned a client for not paying his fees. he started a campaign of attack against me and my website on sites such as mywot, even having some of his cronnies say they had bad shopping experiences on domains that i had registered but had no websites, saying i posted his person info on public forums and he even threatened to DDOS my servers if i did not give me my server passwords, he posted on WHT so when i reported his comments i got banned and he remains on WHT till this day. I was told i could have taken him to court and force him to remove all the comments etc, but it would have cost me 10K. i lost a lot of clients over his comments, but i fought on and changed my business name
you can read his lies on here

https://forum.mywot.com/reputation-d...eebcec94be4691

he is dan2k9 and notice if anyone defends me he attacks them saying they are me using a different name

even here http://www.whtop.com/review/easyasabc-hosting.com

but anyway getting back to me closing. I am holding onto my main domain as i could return at a future date.

Little ***** I know this fool, he is an utter tool from Manchester. Didn't think he would go that far on a smear campaign!! But it sucks, he was a client once with me, in fact he is on my facebook.


Quote:

Originally Posted by easyhostmedia (Post 229333)
PM me with the sort of figures you are talking about

Inboxed you man, hopefully I can help you leave with something and a new home for the customers!@

bigredseo 04-24-2018 09:43 AM

I remember the incident and some of the discussions we had here on HD about it!

Sucks to hear that another company who nearly reached the 2-decade mark is closing up - but, it leaves the door open for other opportunities that may have been ignored in recent years.

If I can be of any help, feel free to hit me up.

easyhostmedia 04-24-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigredseo (Post 229359)
I remember the incident and some of the discussions we had here on HD about it!

Sucks to hear that another company who nearly reached the 2-decade mark is closing up - but, it leaves the door open for other opportunities that may have been ignored in recent years.

If I can be of any help, feel free to hit me up.

Thanks Conor.

Iv'e not done too bad for someone that fell into webhosting by accident as originally i ran a market stall selling toys, so set up my own website on shared hosting and then started to drop ship computer goods and computer inks all on separate shared hosting, then my host at the time stated why dont i just get a reseller plan to run all the sites from which i did and then other market traders asked me to host their sites, which i did for 1 a month as it was not about money, but it helped pay for the reseller account and gradually clientbase increased, but then host did a runner, so i went for a cheap VPS and the business just grew into where i am now. gave up market trading in 2002 after a knee operation

SenseiSteve 04-24-2018 10:25 AM

Dang Terry, that's shocking given all the work and knowledge you've put into your business. I do wish you well in your future endeavors.

wsac 04-28-2018 11:43 PM

Sorry to hear that you closing


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.1.0