Most of us wants to use php fcgi handler on newer cPanel versions that's depend on Easy apache 4 only and we can't do this without applying some additional steps firstly .
If you decided to use php fcgi handler you must know that you will not be able to use mod_ruid2 or mod_mpm_itk .
Let's follow our instructions to do this :
1) Check your server cpanel version if its prior to version 74 you can't use MultiPHP with php fcgi handler so take this in your consideration before continue .
2) Connect to your server shell and do this command :
yum install ea-apache24-mod_fcgid
3) Now go to your WHM panel >> Software >> EasyApache 4
4) Reconfigure your last configuration again, In apache modules section enable mod_fcgid then provision this configuration .
5) Now go to MultiPHP >> PHP Handlers and you will be able to set your php versions to use fcgi handler.