Here is the exact specifications comming from our developpement volunteer team:
here are the exact specifications.
Our organization is entirely based around our custom-designed web application. Our volunteers work everyday with our website, which also contained a fully automated administration panel that let them add / edit / delete information such as stories, news, articles. They can also answer and post answers to our many questions, moderate our forum of discussion, our alterheros zone, etc. Therefore, we need to be hosted to a reliable, responsive and friendly company.
We are currently hosted to Uplinkearth.com, an company which provides us good support, many features through an interactive web panel at a very affordable price. We are satisfied with our hosting services, but would be interested in saving the money we invest in the hosting for our intervention activities toward youth.
We also have many technical requirements. Since our portal has been developed entirely by volunteers, we do not have the means to spend a lot of our time recoding our website to suit one hosting company criteria. Support of ColdFusion is definately a must have.
Our technical requirements include:
* Support Macromedia ColdFusion 5.0 (or new CF8, currently in beta)
o Support of CFFILE and CFDIRECTORY, or equivalent custom tags
o Ability to support custom tags, such as image manipulations
* Support PHP 4 for our discussion forums (we use phpbb.fr)
* Support of minimum 3 MySQL databases version 4.1+
* Support of minimum 5 Ms Access databases through ODBC
* Minimum of 500 Mo of disk space and more
* 10 Gig of bandwidth per month (we receive 75 000 visits/month)
* Ability to host 2 domain names and 2 sub-domains
* Ability to track visitors with Urchin Software 5
* FTP accesses (at least 2 accounts one root, one for our intranet)
As of now, DonHouston is checking with his staff for the requirements