A new exciting challenge!

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Dear friends,

It has been 15 years since I've operated HostingDiscussion, as it has grown to be more than just a community to me. I've met a bunch of ridiculously awesome and special people who I adore, who have been supportive of my efforts here and elsewhere and who I hope I was able to help back in some way.

That is why I want to share with you an exciting new development that has impacted me in more than one way. In early June of this year I was appointed to lead partnerships and business development for Must — a social network for movie & series fans. Since then, I have met the brilliant development team and relocated from Montreal to Los Angeles along with my family to grow the company from there.

How this development came to be in the first place is a whole different story that I'll tell another time. For now I just wanted to share the big personal news and invite you to join me on the "Must" ride. From the many threads and posts we've had over time I can tell how much we all love good quality entertainment: movies, series - everyone's got something to watch. I mean I've seen titles mentioned by some members here that I have never heard of before that turned out to be great series.

Must was soft launched in the last few months, with limited social networking capabilities, but we are working on adding new features as quickly as possible.

What truly sets Must apart is its personal rating mechanism and its recommendation engine based on machine learning and AI. Established rating systems (IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, etc) are prone to being gamed. Most commonly, however, they don't represent individual taste of moviegoers. Must app will literally learn from how you rate, react and review films and TV shows, and will provide you with strong personal recommendations, as well as a personal rating on new movies so you can assess how you are going to like them before watching them.

If you are curious to explore Must app, follow me at @artashes. Post your username below so that I and others can follow back.

https://mustapp.com

And if you really want to make an impact and help me grow this fun thing, invite a friend or share it on social media, for which I'll be very thankful. :)

Don't worry, I am not leaving HD behind. This community has always been a hobby and a passion for me. And even though it has never been my primary source of income, it will remain to be my hobby as it doesn't take nearly as much time as it used to 10-15 years ago. đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Very cool! Looking forward to hearing the progress. While I'm sure we won't hear about the struggles so much here in a public forum, should you need someone to vent or bounce things off - you've got my number ;)

Awesome to hear the news!

Very cool! Looking forward to hearing the progress. While I'm sure we won't hear about the struggles so much here in a public forum, should you need someone to vent or bounce things off - you've got my number ;)

Awesome to hear the news!

Very kind of you, Conor!

Will give it a look in the morning, heading to bed :).

Thanks, Mike. Very curious to hear your feedback.

In a little update, Must app is doing very well. It shows good growth and we are about to cross 100,000 members!

We are seeing people from all walks of life join and enjoy the app. Among them are prominent members like designer Tom Ford, Hollywood stylist to 4 Supermen, 4 Batmen, 3 Spidermen, Ironman and Neo (among others), Jeanne Yang, musician Maxwell, auto racing driver Roman Rusinov.

If you decide to join Must (https://mustapp.com/), let me know, I'd love to follow you back and see what movies/series you are watching and how you like them. You can find me there under "artashes" username.

There are some very exciting partnerships and features in development so hopefully I can share the news with all of you soon.