eBay & PayPal to Become Independent Companies in 2015

I had exactly the same news, I think PayPal want to progress as payment provider. The separation will take 12 month to complete, I think the Ebay will pick more trade as it will be possible add other payment methods for sellers not just PayPal.

well think both are brands of eBay inc. but already run as separate businesses in separate locations.

personally i think the Luxembourg authorities could be going to do what the FSA did years ago and that is refuse to renew Paypals Financial licence due to paypals agreements which seem to lean towards aiding scammers rather than protect buyers, which would in turn effect ebay as the parent company. So It looks like they are going to disassociate themselves from Paypal and may sell off Paypal

I hope this is not going to create any kind of impact on the merchants who are selling on ebay and processing payments via Paypal.

Symantec has recently announced a split as well. It makes sense for Symantec and I kind of think it makes sense for ebay/paypal too.

Symantec has recently announced a split as well. It makes sense for Symantec and I kind of think it makes sense for ebay/paypal too.

but their is one big difference

you call eBay or paypal and you will get someone that knows their system and will help you, but Phone Symantec to speak to a Norton tech and you will 9/10 get a tech that will admit they dont have a clue what too do or what they are doing

Terry, you couldn't be any more spot on with the issues with Symantec. On numerous occasions, their reps just make it so obvious they have no clue whats going on and all seem undertrained on their products. None the less, paypal will always remain garbage, too many issues especially with their new interface.