Forum suggestion

gotlivechat

Hi, per the PM "Welcome Msg" I received:
3. For general forum inquiries and feedback on how we can improve our site, please visit Announcements, Help and Feedback forum.

I do have one suggestion on improving this forum; have it so that when one does a mouseover over the title (in a list of posts) that the A HREF TITLE value is set (so the popup window appears showing me a few sentences of the post). That way you don't have to click into the post to see more about it... :twocents:

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually I found them quite distracting (doesn't give you much information so you have to click anyway), that's why we removed them years ago. But if there is enough interest, I will consider bringing it back. :)

I see this elsewhere, but what are we really saving? What's the difference in real time between the two options?

Personally I usually right click open in new tab :) so can't really see the advantage in it.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually I found them quite distracting (doesn't give you much information so you have to click anyway), that's why we removed them years ago. But if there is enough interest, I will consider bringing it back. :)

I agree. Sometimes it's annoying enough to make a user leave. :(

Maybe it's worth putting it up for a vote (just to gauge interest)? Though it may be hard to describe to forum readers what that feature really is...
Added or not, the forum will be fine :)

Added or not, the forum will be fine :)
I think so, too.
As for voting, we need some really major interest in this feature than few posts to make that happen. But we will be collecting feedback in this thread as we go along. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion but I would be against it.
I find that feature very annoying when reading forums.
If the topic title is not descriptive enough then I probably don't have enough interest to go any further.