HD Helpdesk Error

webservsol

Hello Everybody,

At HostingDiscussion.com there's a "Help" link at the top near "New Posts" when clicking on it you should go to the helpdesk page but we see the below error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GOTO, expecting ']' in /home/hostingd/public_html/helpdesk/user.php on line 54

Anybody else? If so kindly Admin can you check for us it has been like that since time.

Hi webservsol,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. Indeed, not having access to helpdesk is not very convenient to members when they want to get in touch. Unfortunately, the IntelloDesk helpdesk software we've been using until now, developed by one of our previous staff members, have not been supported in years, so when the license of it expired last time, I didn't even make any attempts to revive it. Instead, I started the search for an alternative solution that would match our modern day objectives.

I've test-drove Zendesk and Assistly. However, I haven't followed up with either because there is so much choice. And if I want to connect all of our existing and future staff members to it, then the cost of running one suddenly skyrockets. I am exploring the sponsorship route to see if any helpdesk software maker would find it interesting to have their application power our community.

I hope to find something modern and suitable for us (not overly complicated by any means) in the nearest future!

I'll keep you guys in the loop. :)

Hi Art

If thats the case would it not be better placing a statci page with a small notice telling anyone clicking on this the situation rather than face an error message

Yes it would be. I keep forgetting, however. My bad. :crazy2:

Maybe this thread will make me move my bottom faster.

I agree with Terry it's better to put a static page notice very well that some hackers can attack your website through this error message and you should protect yourself and us from that and be aware!

Besides if your problem is financial and you need some support I'd be happy and I think EasyHostMedia can help you sometimes with that to make much easier to you.

If you are looking for a good solution why not try Kayako and for some open-source

check www.spiceworks.com Spice Work or www.osticket.com OS Ticket

Crafty Syntax
Help Center Live
HESK
osTicket
ExoPHPDesk
phpSupport
Open Web Messenger
phpOnline
phpMyFAQ
iQDesk
Trellis Desk