.HOST domain

weekhost

This .HOST is a market-specific TLD for hosting platforms and services, anyone have experience? Little bit expensive :rolleyes2

.host can be an excellent name, especially if you are targeting by geography. Imagine newyork.host or london.host. Or if you are a software-specific hosting provider (wordpress.host). It is catchy, premium in nature and gets you easier search engine ranking, if you are doing it right. The price, consequently, comes with it. It isn't for everyone, but for those with deeper marketing pockets for premium names, why not.

A regular name goes for $50, which isn't that bad (in order to secure your existing brand name).

You would think it would make a difference. It's unique enough to be rememberable which is a plus.

It works for us in that sense. Our main business being called Linovus and we have our web hosting branded business on linovus.hosting - it definitely works in that sense.

Once thing I haven't taken the time to establish yet is SEO impact, whether it actually has one (positive or negative). I also had issues submitting to websites like Retailmenot.com because they won't accept the .hosting website domain.

.host is really cheap at the moment.

http://get.host

$1.99

I use it xtm.host as a link back to our main domain [301] .. it's hard for when you need to use a shorter link.

We also use it as a URL shortener in Twitter links etc.

I love these new TLD's I have a few I really like the way they look when you display them in your signatures.

regards

It's a great positioning strategy for your website

A more extensions greater positioning

The important thing is to create different content on every web

Each website must contain all domain extensions

We currently use the following extensions

.hosting
.host

Besides .com

Good luck

Blessings

Waste of money imo.

You build a hosting service to appeal to a lot of customers. New gTLDs aren't good for customers that don't know and don't care only about .COM, .NET, .ORG and ccTLDs.

As mentioned a lot of people seem to only care about the bigger and well known three being .COM, .NET, and .ORG - Knowing that, it is likely best to just stick to those unless you feel you adapt to it and make it appealing to a lot of people.

I think .Hosting is more using and easier to remember than .Host. Many people tend to search the word "hosting" on GG search, it's their behavior. So that .Hosting is better than .Host. IMO

I think .Hosting is more using and easier to remember than .Host. Many people tend to search the word "hosting" on GG search, it's their behavior. So that .Hosting is better than .Host. IMO

If you HAD to only pick between the two, then I agree with this. Not many people associate the word "host" by itself either as meaning a hosting company.