Let's get your reviews! (HostingAddicts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HostingAbove

Hello HD members,

We would appreciate some feedback on our website.

http://hostingaddicts.com

The website was re-designed not even three months ago and we hope to keep the "modern" look especially we have been told that our website helps close the deal.

Please give us your thoughts, thanks for taking the time.

- Tanner

This is one to point out.

1) I despise unsolicited emails, aka spam.

Something your company has done, I have never used you so clearly you are grabbing things from websites.
My advice don't do it, you will just get a bad name.

And next time I will be reporting the server it comes from.

K?

Other than that, your website is pretty neat, it does the job.

But maybe work on making the billing system more your own.
The colors work well.

This is one to point out.

1) I despise unsolicited emails, aka spam.

Something your company has done, I have never used you so clearly you are grabbing things from websites.
My advice don't do it, you will just get a bad name.

And next time I will be reporting the server it comes from.

K?

Other than that, your website is pretty neat, it does the job.

But maybe work on making the billing system more your own.
The colors work well.
Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for the review. Also I would like to give you my apologies and I'm unsure how you got into our client portal. Some of our Marketing Reps were asked to email selected individuals and I'm unsure how your companies email was found. Rest assured I have completely removed it and thank you for letting us know.

Have a great weekend Paul, and once again I'm sorry as I know how annoying and unnecessary SPAM is especially in the ticket system.

- Tanner

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for the review. Also I would like to give you my apologies and I'm unsure how you got into our client portal. Some of our Marketing Reps were asked to email selected individuals and I'm unsure how your companies email was found. Rest assured I have completely removed it and thank you for letting us know.

Have a great weekend Paul, and once again I'm sorry as I know how annoying and unnecessary SPAM is especially in the ticket system.

- Tanner

Well that is the simple fact - I never have signed up for your services and laughed at the email, I have my own racks and tons of servers, switches, pdu's and so on, why on earth would I wan't hosting? :smash:

But anyway, the email was dragged off the site.

Because it went to the sales email which gets spam often from robots and humans grabbing it from the site.

Sincerely,

--
Khalid Soufan

Marketing Advisor & Sales Analyst

That was the agent.

Anyway, I accept the apology, I did reply to him and said why email me crap, and he did not reply :)

Well that is the simple fact - I never have signed up for your services and laughed at the email, I have my own racks and tons of servers, switches, pdu's and so on, why on earth would I wan't hosting? :smash:

But anyway, the email was dragged off the site.

Because it went to the sales email which gets spam often from robots and humans grabbing it from the site.

That was the agent.

Anyway, I accept the apology, I did reply to him and said why email me crap, and he did not reply :)

Thanks Paul for understanding, I'll have a chat with Khalid and make sure it doesn't happen again!

- Tanner

I think the corporate look of the site is very good! I especially like how on the bottom you have your "Latest Twitter, Forum Posts, and Announcements."

I think the corporate look of the site is very good! I especially like how on the bottom you have your "Latest Twitter, Forum Posts, and Announcements."

Thanks! We do appreciate it and we thought it would be a great addition rather than having to edit our website every few minutes.

Your homepage looks good and has a kind of template or style which is suitable for a hosting service provider. I wonder why you have written your domain name plus extension in brackets at the beginning of your title, and the following slogan, is that a registered trademark or you simply are using it as a way of referring to your business when posting online and spreading the word about that?

You have made a neat site but when people arrive on your homepage, honestly they would need to spend around a minute to figure out what is being presented to them. They have to use those drop down menus to figure out you are selling hosting products. Try putting some blocks on your front page, preferably at the top, with short details and price tags of your various hosting packages.

Your website looks professional and has a relatively fast loading time. Only constructive criticism I would make is for you to cache large images. This will help with speeding up overall load time.

Thank you all so much for the reviews! - I'll be sure to pass on the suggestions to our developer and designers.

@bermuda - I'll be sure to pass on the feedback and we will look into adding some more promos to the homepage.

1 recommendation, put your packages, prices and offers straight up in front of the page, visit mine and see what am talking about, i do love to go to a hosting site and see there best offer right away, that would make me curious and stay a little more on the site.

Other than that, i think its to loaded with graphics, reduce them a little more, less talk and more packages, order buttons.

thats my review hope u like it and review mine too

Hi Backhost - will pass it on for-sure.

Also, from what I know your template is a free one on template monster but you've made it "unique" into your company!

- Tanner

its from themeforest and its paid xD

haha - nothing wrong with that!

Everyone has to start with something and somewhere, I also do appreciate everyone's opinions. We've worked many weeks to ensure all is completed to those high-standards we know our competitors also have. :D

Last edited:
haha - nothing wrong with that!

Everyone has to start with something and somewhere, I also do appreciate everyone's opinions. We've worked many weeks to ensure all is completed to those high-standards we know our competitors also have. :D

true, why pay a designer $200 at the start to design a website when you can go to themeforest and get a website design for $12 that will do the same job and is easily customised to suit your business. but in themeforest you need to look at how many times the theme has been downloaded as you dont want a theme that has been downloaded thousands of times, although their is am option to pay a unique fee.

Sorry.. I had totally forgotten about this thread! Thanks for all the suggestions guys. There's always room to work on with V3 which will roll out in the future.

@qhoster - I can see where you are coming from.. seems to look way better on Safari than on FireFox. We may need to do some tweaking as I know the slider has some issues loading in some firefox browsers. Regardless, we will look at fixing that up for the future.

- Tanner

Tanner, I don't think it has to do with the browser. I agree with qhoster, as I just revisited your website, there is too much text on the home page. It is just too much information.

Just see the comparison between your site and this one, for example: www.thiswebhost.com

Status
Not open for further replies.