LiveChat discussions

I enjoy talking with customers :) While someone else is waiting and his problem is urgent I usually kindly ask if there is anything else I can help with or I am informing that I will be back after few minutes if he/she doesn't mind, because (reason). Honestly and kind, that's they way I think.

It's not bad to chat sometimes with the customer to keep them comfortable, but 15 minutes of chatting when there are people with real problems seems like a little too much.

Politeness is the key to directing them towards their problem or off the line entirely.

If you're busy, politely ask them if they have any additional questions, but if you're not I don't see what's wrong to have a little side chatter. Adds a bit of personal touch. :D

You could simply ask if you could call them back in a few minutes. If they ask why, just say you're getting backlogged with calls at the moment. Honesty works. Just make sure you call them back. :D
I worked as a technical support before. This is the way I used.

^_^

Live chat is good for sales, for support it's better to use ticket system. With ticket system you will more focus on the problem. Trying to give support by live chat when the customer don't stop typing is not very easy.

As previously mentioned, getting to know the customer is always a good thing. Also small things like 'how are you today', 'have a great day', and positive words help a lot. Having been with lots of hosts who say 'this has been done' really makes you feel like a number. Polite, professional while casual and helpful is the way to go!

Obviously, talking more with them enables you to understand their mind more. Actually, when a customer comes to live chat it surely means that he/she needs your product sooner or later, so being in touch and forming a friendship relationship will help greatly.

There are lot of Live chat applications are available in the market that you can integrate with your site. And Live chat is not only helpful for web hosting industry, but also useful for any kind of business website. Specially e-commerce website owners should include Live help in their website. And I think all we are well known about crafty syntex live help, which is included in many hosting control panel.

Personally, You want to satisfy your customer, but if they are chatting just to waste your time, don't give them sometime to chat. Once the question is answered, and they thanked you get them out of the chat as soon as possible by approaching a more standard and respectful way.

Say any of the following

You say: "It is my pleasure to assist you today, Is there anything else i can assist you with?"

Customer: "No, So, how is your day going"

You: "Great thanks for asking, Have a wonderful day, and i hope to assist you once again further, if you have anymore questions"

Customer: "Wanna just chat"?

You: "I am sorry, but I am currently under "Your Company name" contract, which I have to abide by, which states that I can not have anything personal with a customer, due to deal issues in the past" I am sorry. good day sir.

This is a way i would approach a customer.

To say "Is there any thing else?" is perfect for such situation.

You can add any complimentary comment with it to make more friendly. Basically, chat should always be friendly and every customer is a potential one, even if he/she comes for chit-chat.

Chatting is fine. We use it to upsell a lot. Clients will even talk to me for advice. Just the other day I had one ask what I think about using a toll free number. I answered honestly that I feel it increases our credibility however I have yet to have one phone call. I also told them that we can hook them up via one of our affiliates. They bought with our link and we earn 20%. I think it worked out for all of us.