My site appraised and reviewed

LPan

The site is http://www.Studentquestions.com

It's a unique type of service. Please read the FAQs section to see how it works. StudentQuestions.com already generates a profit, and has members.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions. Thanks!

LPan

Very interesting concept. I dont think I've seen anything like this before. Aren't there other sites that are help sites for students though? I mean free ones? Are you getting a lot of hits and students signing up?

I have yet to see any sites that help students in THIS particular way. There are tutoring services, however, they are costly, and they teach entire subjects, not like mine where just one or two questions needs to be answered.

Yes, students are signing up. I got a large turnout at my medical school. I will be marketing to colleges. The KEY is the marketing strategy. I have listed in college "HELP WANTED" newspaper sections Wanted ads for part-time tutors in many subjects. As a recent student myself, i know that this is what students look for when looking for flex job. Classified Ads are cheap.. like 25 cents per word. So with an exposure to 38,000 students, i just need a fraction (less than 1%) to sign up in order to make a profit.

I hope this answers your question.

LPlan: its certainly a good idea and yes advertising in the college newspaper can be an effective method as you said. Maybe I'll sign up as a tutor for computer science :) In any case, best of luck in the venture...hope it works out well for you!

Great idea, but little things could dramatically change it to the better. I think I've answered to your PM in details. ;)

Good luck.