New here...

chronichostin

Hello everyone!
I am looking to become an active member on these forums if everything turns out good! Just wanted to say hello!

Hello John,
I got your PM but sorry, No I will not give members free advertising just for posting on the forum..
If you are interested in the forum you can post here, if not, thats no problem, but I wont be giving members free advertising just to post when there are lots of others doing just the same thing without even thinking about asking for something in return so I dont know why you are.

A lot of members spend a lot of time on here and they find it rewarding enough to be part of the community

John

John Diver said:
Hello John,
I got your PM but sorry, No I will not give members free advertising just for posting on the forum..
If you are interested in the forum you can post here, if not, thats no problem, but I wont be giving members free advertising just to post when there are lots of others doing just the same thing without even thinking about asking for something in return so I dont know why you are.

A lot of members spend a lot of time on here and they find it rewarding enough to be part of the community

John
I would too but seeing how their is a billion forums out their, I am not. However I did figure if I was going to help you build this, I should get some of the same benefits as opposed to you just advertising your company. Anyway, good luck to you!

John

Should I offer money to everyone posting?
Everyone here that posts is "helping me build this" but then again, everyone on every forum must be helping the owner to build it, without expecting something.

I dont think sending a message before even posting asking for me to give you free advertising for you to be active on the community just by posting is setting a very good impression.
If you want to advertise, you can advertise your company in your sig, like are you doing now, post offers in the appropriate forum OR by paying for premium advertising, eg. a banner or button advertising campaign.

If you want to stay as part of the community I would be more than happy to have you here, but I dont offer free advertising to members for posting ;)

Otherwise anyone that wanted to advertise would just signup and do some posts

John

John Diver said:
Hello John,

John

:lol: Amen! :)

If you don't like to Participate:curse:

jmweb, why are you asking for advertising just to post on the forum?
Have you ever run a forum?
I dont feel the need to ask the owner of a site to give me something to use their site so I dont see why you do!

So how much do you charge the others forums to post on those?

I have and still run numerous forums. I don't charge a thing, nor pay a thing however I also don't display ads. I have free advertising on numerous other forums. I spend hours upon hours a day browsing forums therefore I am a perfect forum target and thats why I receive free advertising...because I am helping them build their forums to promote their sites/web hosting business. Just like this site.

John Diver said:
Should I offer money to everyone posting?
Everyone here that posts is "helping me build this" but then again, everyone on every forum must be helping the owner to build it, without expecting something.

Did you need my PP address? :D :confused: :D

Wow, is all I can say, never mind what John D. has to pay to have this forum available to us, but now someone wants to be paid to participate, That is a new one for me. I personally have clicked on more sig links than any advertising on most forums anyway. So essentially you get to advertise for free anyway. You want your business to be presented to more people then just post more and add a signature link. Freckled

Freckled said:
Wow, is all I can say, never mind what John D. has to pay to have this forum available to us, but now someone wants to be paid to participate, That is a new one for me. I personally have clicked on more sig links than any advertising on most forums anyway. So essentially you get to advertise for free anyway. You want your business to be presented to more people then just post more and add a signature link. Freckled

GO FIGURE :gun:

Well, shame on you for even thinking of getting something for posting. You don't know what it costs to run something like this.

1. A server! I know because John use to be a customer of mine and he had to get his own server.

2. vBullentin license (yearly fee)

3. Programmers to add and modify the vBullentin to bring you nicer features.

4. Special offers and contests costs the owner money.

5. Time spent monitoring the forum, keeping the server up (patches, updates, security) and replying to all the users.

You should really re-evaluate what you asked John. If I were you I would be shamed!

Well his only 3 posts have been in this thread, maybe we should just keep this thread for a laugh...
Pitty some people are like that...
Well hope everyone else is happy enough with not getting something for posting here :D

BTW, competition 2 will be starting soon ;)
Dont think jmweb will be the forerunner for some reason