News on the Galaxy s8?

I have been reading up on it and other than rumors, I am not seeing real solid information on the phone itself. I am considering giving a Galaxy a try. Kind of getting a bit bored with the iPhone. This is my 3rd one and I think I am due for a change.

I am just worried that the new one will have some issues with the batteries exploding like past models. That kind of freaks me out.

The whole phone business has gone on a race of specs. I don't know what the rumours are about S8, but for me it is about the experience that you get out of your device. I could care less about the processor or how many RAM it has, as long as the experience is top notch. From what I've seen, only two companies have got it right: Apple and Motorola.

Motorola came up with the first Android smartphone to give the user exactly what they wanted: long lasting battery and near stock Android OS. Everyone likes to demonize Apple because they don't offer the latest specs, but they don't have to - they optimize devices for performance (something I can't state about the latest Macbook Pro line).

But as easyhostmedia mentioned above, if you are worried about exploding batteries, wait a couple of months after release to see if there are issues.

My first phone I ever owned was a Motorola and I was hooked on there brand for sometime. They just have always made solid phones. I thought they fell under. I will have to see what they offer. Maybe I will go for one of those instead.

I was an avid Samsung user, but Android phones are not really catered for the business market, so i moved to Blackberry, but they fell by the wayside in the UK due to them falling out with many developers etc, so apps started to try up. and their public promises to add apps and services, but they never did.
I moved to iPhone as Apple seem to cater for the business market.

I was an avid Samsung user, but Android phones are not really catered for the business market, so i moved to Blackberry, but they fell by the wayside in the UK due to them falling out with many developers etc, so apps started to try up. and their public promises to add apps and services, but they never did.
I moved to iPhone as Apple seem to cater for the business market.

Have you considered Blackberry Priv or the new KEYone?

Have you considered Blackberry Priv or the new KEYone?

no, because a Blackberry now is just an android phone as they gave up on their own OS after no one would give them apps, which is a shame as they were great phones and their Playbook Tablet was a main contender against the iPad, but when you upset companies like Microsoft the word soon gets around and no one will deal with you.

no, because a Blackberry now is just an android phone as they gave up on their own OS after no one would give them apps, which is a shame as they were great phones and their Playbook Tablet was a main contender against the iPad, but when you upset companies like Microsoft the word soon gets around and no one will deal with you.

BB heavily mod the OS for security. On top of that they review and validate other apps for security and would warn you ahead of time what kind of security problems might arise form a certain app that you want to download.

BB heavily mod the OS for security. On top of that they review and validate other apps for security and would warn you ahead of time what kind of security problems might arise form a certain app that you want to download.

The promised Skype on their phones and BB OS 10 on their playbooks along with other and they failed to deliver. Phone shops in the UK no longer offer them.
when my last one had issues with still a year left on contract and i took it back to the store to get it booked for repair they told me that BB had pulled all support services contracts, so they could not send it away for repair.

This was the start of BB demise in the UK and then next thing you know they started using the Android OS on their phones, so now they dont use their own OS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8