The server has been shut due packet flood

SonWebHost

Account Disabled
The server has been shut due packet flood

5 minute input rate 802000000 bits/sec, 121896 packets/sec
5 minute output rate 50000 bits/sec, 6 packets/sec

How can I fix this on a dedicated server. Thanks

Install CSF (http://configserver.com/cp/csf.html) and set limits on the packet floods.
CSF scans your system's log files and when it detects excessive usage by certain IPs, it bans those IPs, either permanently or temporarily.

We just switched to CSF a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely love the configurabilty..

Used CSF on VPS server for many years and i cant understand why they don't make a charge for it as i would happily pay for it

CSF is used by some of the largest hosting companies around and if you have ever used it before, you know why :)

The founders from my experience have always attempted to offer most products for free if not extremely affordable. Simple to install, simple to configure and simple to manage. No complaints what so ever.

Hi,

People mostly would go for hardware firewall if software firewall is also going to cost them. On top of it, there are alternatives available too like APF, etc., which also preferred by most.

Hardware firewall is needed for heavy traffic DDOS and are very costly. So normally those are taken only when there is any heavy ddos which software firewall cant handle. Other than that CSF is the best option. ASL is also doing good job in many servers but it is payed one.