Wanted: (preferably) Australian Web Hosting With Simple CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcitizen

Wanted: (preferably)An Australian Web Hosting With Simple CMS

a) where I could start doing a website through wizard driven CMS

b) then I could provide the business with a separate password access for them to update their website whenever they want it without any html php etc knowledge

or such service in USA

Hi Josh,

Looks like you are looking to work with an application like WordPress or Joomla, both of which are CMS (Content Management System), in which case pretty much any shared hosting provider can suit your needs.

You can either install an application on the server yourself or, if the provider offers "Fantastico" package with their Control Panel account management system, the application can be installed with 1 click.

You have to, however, make a decision on who and where your target audience will be. If you are targeting Australian readership, then an Australian host is of essence (pages will load faster for Australian readers). If you are tageting world readership, then a U.S. based company with servers in America will do just as well.

I moved your request to this forum where web hosting companies will be able to make you an actual offer you can consider.

appreciate your prompt response

I was wondering if such service provide separate password login by my client companies where they could update their site whenever they like

Any experience with such interface through "Fantastico" or web host

that is a crucial need for me

I want to start building
then hand over a separate password for them to update it

thanking you in advance

Hi Josh,

My suggestion for what you are trying to accomplish is to get a shared hosting account with the ability to host multiple domains (you would set them up as addon domains). You could then setup an installation of Joomla or a similar CMS for each of the domains. You would be able to configure each site to your specifications and provide your clients with access. This way, you still maintain control over the webspace, should you need to make changes.

If this solution sounds like it would work for you, I can offer you our Business Plan which would get you started with a nice amount of storage and bandwidth to use for yourself and your clients. The Business Plan includes the ability to host up to 10 domains, however I can increase that for you at no additional cost.

Here are the details:
-Disk Space: 5 GB
-Bandwidth: 100 GB
-MySQL Databases: 25 (I can up this to unlimited for you, since each installation will require it's own DB)
-Email Accounts: 100
-Includes Script Installer
-24/7 Helpdesk
Monthly Price: $9.95
No Setup Fee

Please note that our servers are based in the United States

You can see more details on this and other plans at http://www.provistatech.com/plans.php

Please let me know if you have any questions. You can contact me at jsones [at] provistatech.com.

Thanks and have a great holiday.

Thank you PVT-Jordan.

That is the answer I needed.

I further need to research the pros and cones of having the companies in Australia and the servers in USA

I would certainly need such service in the states too in the near future

on the other hand I need to provide such sites to few Australian clients where the access may be slightly slower if the servers are in the states although it may also not be an issue for some Australian companies I need to keep in mind to check with them

Josh, that is certainly a valid concern. If you would like me to provide you with a sample file to download or a few sites of our clients so that you can test speeds, feel free to shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help you with that. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Best,

Josh, that is certainly a valid concern. If you would like me to provide you with a sample file to download or a few sites of our clients so that you can test speeds, feel free to shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help you with that. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Best,
I need to talk to my Australian clients first as well as keep the US option for future customers of mine

I have noticed that you offer:

10 Hostable Domains and 50 Subdomains

I once had several domains although they were like a subdomains within a a hosting company cpanel, at the same time they were separate domains to the outsiders

what are the pros and cons of domains hosted as subdomains although it would not be noticeable since the acted as separate domains

would you clarify this for me please

Sure. The Business Plan offers 10 unique domains under 1 account. Each of those domains could also be a subdomain of your primary account's domain. In your public_html folder, you will have a specific folder for each domain hosted under your account. So, for example, you have 3 clients, each of which has their own domain, such as client1.com, client2.com, and client3.com. Their websites could be accessed in 3 different ways.

1) client1.com
2) client1.yourdomain.com
3) yourdomain.com/client1
(The same goes for client2 and client3)

How you choose to access the sites is a matter of personal preference. The one thing that I will mention is that this gives you the ability to configure the site before making it live on the customers domain. So you could access it and make changes by going to client1.yourdomain.com, and when ready, point client1.com to your account so that the rest of the world can see the website.

I hope that helps to answer your question. Since you have a specific business need, I will make both Hostable Domains and Subdomains unlimited if you choose to use our services. This will give you the most flexibility to meet the needs of your clients while keeping costs low.

Appreciate your answer very much jsones,
Thank you again.

did you mean to say having separate domains as subdomains under my account will have no disadvantage over domains as domains under my account at all?

and would I be able to get different password for my separate client company own logins to their site only, no matter what? although they are under my public_html folder?

Correct. There is no disadvantage at all. It just offers another possible use for you.

As for different passwords, most CMS programs will allow you to create multiple user accounts, so you can create one for your clients as well. However, only you will have access to the cPanel control panel (which is the way you want it, since you wouldn't want your clients being able to manipulate each other's sites). This does mean, however that they will not be able to create email accounts themselves- you would have to do that for them. If you wish, you can create FTP accounts for your clients as well, but that may require that they have a more advanced skill set.

To try to put it more simply, you will have access to the main control panel, while you will only give your clients access to the applications that you install for their website (such as Joomla).

We provide almost all php based CMS free of cost in our hosting solution.

We provide most reliable and high quality web hosting at cheapest rates around

500 MB for USD 10 per year
1 GB for USD 20 per year

Unlimited Email Boxes
Unlimited subdomains
Addon domains allowed
Unlimited databases

Website is in signature.

Do let me know if you are fine with Asia host. We can install wordpress mult user for you. You can run a website like wordpress and offering wordpress hosting.

Wanted: (preferably)An Australian Web Hosting With Simple CMS

a) where I could start doing a website through wizard driven CMS

b) then I could provide the business with a separate password access for them to update their website whenever they want it without any html php etc knowledge

or such service in USA

All our Shared Hosting packages come with Softaculous.
Softaculous let you install easily in a few click any CMS.

All our packages info can be get at our website.

You can use promocode: IWANT50OFFTABA to get a 50% of discount first month in any package.

Good luck!

I would recommend you one of our AUSSIE Master Reseller Plans:

AUSSIE MASTER RESELLER PLANS BELOW

• AUSSIE WHM Master Reseller Plans (Prices in Australian Dollars)
  • Includes WHM/cpanel, Apache/PHP/Mysql, WHMreseller, Fantastico !
  • AUSSIE R1
  • 10 GB Disk, 25 GB Band/m >> ONLY 14.95/m or 99.95/y
  • AUSSIE R2
  • 25 GB Disk, 50 GB Band/m >> ONLY 29.95/m or 199.95/y
  • AUSSIE R3
  • 50 GB Disk, 100 GB Band/m >> ONLY 49.95/m or 399.95/y

Please visit our website at http://deasoft.com

Josh, we are not based in Australia but I believe we can meet all of your requirements. Check out our web site and should you have any questions please contact our support team. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.