WebHostRally.com - Please Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epidrive

Please review our site <MOD NOTE: URL removed>
Tell us your positive or negative feedback, it will be greatly appreciated.

As far as the review of the site itself, there is not much to add except that it is a MyBB installation with a logo and a banner on it.

I'd be more concerned with the notion of the concept itself. I perfectly understand the desire to run a web hosting community, because it provides a solid base from a marketing perspective for your company. However, you have to be aware of two factors:

(a) A web hosting company owned web hosting forum injects a level of bias that will be difficult to deal with. Even the simple things like issuing warnings, infractions or removing content might be considered to be an attempt to intimidate competition.

It is for this exact reason, for example, HostingDiscussion has never had a moderator who has owned, worked for, volunteered at or was affiliate with any web hosting company.

(b) I can see that it is a very young community. In which case you need to come up with a unique value proposition. What does your forum offer its members that others?

another thing to add is your Tag " the webhosting talk" could you afford a lawsuit by iNet (webhosting talk) they are an established brand and most likely have it reg. as a trademark, so would win in any lawsuit

As far as the review of the site itself, there is not much to add except that it is a MyBB installation with a logo and a banner on it.

I'd be more concerned with the notion of the concept itself. I perfectly understand the desire to run a web hosting community, because it provides a solid base from a marketing perspective for your company. However, you have to be aware of two factors:

(a) A web hosting company owned web hosting forum injects a level of bias that will be difficult to deal with. Even the simple things like issuing warnings, infractions or removing content might be considered to be an attempt to intimidate competition.

It is for this exact reason, for example, HostingDiscussion has never had a moderator who has owned, worked for, volunteered at or was affiliate with any web hosting company.

(b) I can see that it is a very young community. In which case you need to come up with a unique value proposition. What does your forum offer its members that others?

No, its not meant to be in any bias, the site is hosted in another server not in any way related to fraphost. And im not the only one who is running webhostrally.com, so yeah..

another thing to add is your Tag " the webhosting talk" could you afford a lawsuit by iNet (webhosting talk) they are an established brand and most likely have it reg. as a trademark, so would win in any lawsuit

http://www.whtforum.com/forum.php
http://www.sgwebhostingtalk.com/
http://www.webhostingtalk.pl/
( A lot more )

And besides, its just a forum tag. And its not a 'direct' copy since I've added the word 'the'. Also, I believe it cannot be trademarked since its like a commonly used term, something like 'gaming talk' or 'fashion talk'

There are no posts in Webhosting Zone and Site Administration sections. You can consider adding a minimum posts rule for Advertisement Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123