First things first - cloud vps and vps are two different things
In short those that need a cloud vps need higher levels of redundancy & uptime and also the need to scale resources quickly (to perhaps react in sudden traffic spikes for campaigns etc)
Scalability and redundancy are the two key advantages of cloud hosting. If you value uptime or downtime is something you can't really afford, then some people can justify paying a premium for cloud hosting.
__________________ KomodoSites.com - Premium ☁ Cloud Based ☁ Web Hosting
Affordable & Feature Packed Cloud Based Web Hosting For Your Websites!
RAID-10 Pure SSD Storage + R1Soft Automated Backups + Website Transfers Included
Get Your Websites Hosted on a REAL Cloud. (Canada and US Locations Available)
The main advantages of Cloud Hosting versus VPS Hosting are generally:
-Resize on demand
-Usage based billing
Now if you're someone who is going to only work on your project one or two days a week, being able to turn your account on and off can save you quite a bit.
__________________ A2 Hosting - Design Your Perfect VPS Hosting Package
-Pay Only For The Resources You Need - High-Performance SwiftServers - SSDs With Page Loads Up To 300% Faster! - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - A2 QuickInstaller - Choose Your Linux OS - Instant Activation - Risk-Free Money Back Guarantee - Choose Your Hosting Location
Cloud VPS plans are going to offer you the reliability that you hear about based on the redundancy of the way cloud hosting operates and it will also give you scalable options which are perfect for those VPS plans that can experience spikes due to events and promotions. This type of plan can take the worry of over usage and suspensions out of your mind and allow you to operate at higher volumes based on your current and projected needs.
Hosted solutions provider since 1998 - Serving Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, NJ, and the UK
JaguarPC.com - Managed Hybrid Servers| SSD|Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
Reseller US/UK| Cloud
The audience for such hosting are people who:
Want to reduce spending's on technology infrastructure
Want to reduce capital costs. There’s no need to spend big money on hardware, software or licensing fees.
__________________ █ HostedFX- 8 Years In Business Quality And Affordable
█ Shared, Reseller and VPS Hosting. Upto 77% Off.
- Reduction of costs – unlike on-site hosting the price of deploying applications in the cloud can be less due to lower hardware costs from more effective use of physical resources.
- Universal access - cloud computing can allow remotely located employees to access applications and work via the internet.
- Up to date software - a cloud provider will also be able to upgrade software keeping in mind feedback from previous software releases.
- Choice of applications. This allows flexibility for cloud users to experiment and choose the best option for their needs. Cloud computing also allows a business to use, access and pay only for what they use, with a fast implementation time
- Potential to be greener and more economical - the average amount of energy needed for a computational action carried out in the cloud is far less than the average amount for an on-site deployment. This is because different organisations can share the same physical resources securely, leading to more efficient use of the shared resources.
- Flexibility – cloud computing allows users to switch applications easily and rapidly, using the one that suits their needs best. However, migrating data between applications can be an issue.
█ ScarabWeb | Quality Hosting Solutions
█ High Quality Hosting to fit everyone's need!
█ Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated Servers
█ cPanel | WHM | Fantastico | RVSkin | Site Builder
Cloud VPS and VPS are two different services. When you speak about cloud your talking about having a strong network that you can easily upgrade and do changes to without downtime at all. It's more reliable but can cost a lot more at the same time.