Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion

forgot password?


  Post #16 (permalink)   10-14-2003, 07:09 AM
HD Guru
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 553

Status: Vovex Technology is offline
Taxes are higher than all hell in Europe.... but I guess that is why every one has health coverage etc... Here in the USA (I live here originally from East Grinstead, England) its 6% sales tax on purchased goods. There are no taxes for services Virtual hosting is considered a service.

  Post #17 (permalink)   10-14-2003, 08:36 AM
HD Wizard
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 1,425
Send a message via ICQ to GordyMac Send a message via AIM to GordyMac Send a message via Yahoo to GordyMac

Status: GordyMac is offline
Yeah EU does seem a bit more expensive for just about everything, webhosting and shells are usually a bit more, I think it is because of the increased cost of bandwidth over there.
I'm back!

  Post #18 (permalink)   10-14-2003, 02:05 PM
HD Wizard
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,003

Status: gooooogle is offline
Half of Norways yearly population increase is immigrants. If you walk around flats not far from Oslo you really start to notice it.

  Post #19 (permalink)   05-26-2007, 03:47 AM
HD Addict
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bradford, UK
Posts: 232

Status: Will is offline
Originally Posted by Designr View Post
I think you are getting VAT and Tax a little mixed up. If your company turns over 56,000, then you must start to charge VAT on your produts/ services.

For tax, if your profits are over 4,500 (not quite the offical figure, but its there are there abouts!) then you will be charged Tax.

It's something like that anyway. Best to get proper advise for your local Tax office.


You are correct but only to a certain degree. If hosting is your only income then your tax code will specify your tax-free allowance.

(EG: A tax code of 474L is 4740. Just take the numbers and multiply by ten)

You do not have to pay tax on your tax-free income each year.

If hosting is not your only income, you will have to pay income tax on the very first GBP () you earn because your main income will be eligible for your tax allowance (especially if your company uses PAYE). To stay legal, you will need to apply for a tax return and itemise your entire years income including all the details from your P60 from your main employment.

VAT is a different matter. Currently if your income is below 56,000 you do not need to register for VAT but you can if you wish. Registering for VAT is very useful if you are setting up business and / or your main customers are businesses. Everything you purchase for your business may be eligible for a VAT refund but your clients will be charged VAT on their prices. This will not factor much if your clients are VAT registered companies as they will be able to reclaim this.

  Post #20 (permalink)   12-23-2007, 06:18 AM
HD Newbie
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8

Status: amdcomms is offline
i think if i reached that sort of money it would be a dream come true lol .
Fast UK Cpanel Shared & Reseller Hosting

  Post #21 (permalink)   02-11-2008, 11:49 AM
HD Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16

Status: RICK22 is offline
Well yea you have tto pay , its arround $350 i guess....
Looking for link building? Take a look at BlognList link building . Also join, Link building affiliates Program.

  Post #22 (permalink)   06-01-2008, 02:18 AM
HD Newbie
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19

Status: urevisedhosting is offline
If you are a registered limited company in the UK all companies have to pay corporation tax as 20% as a small company.

My recommendation is - If you are a limited company get an accountant to try and reduce the amount of tax you have to pay. I have a very good accountant if you want me to recommend them please PM me.

If you are not currently a limited company in the UK then you don't have to pay corporation tax at 20%. But you may have to pay some other taxes such as income tax and payee, self assessment and maybe some others.

There is no way around tax unfortunately. You just have to try and make as much money as you can then try and credit it back to yourself somehow to avoid tax.

Hope this helps
Chris Priestland - 99.99% Uptime Guaranteed, Linux, cPanel Web Hosting

  Post #23 (permalink)   07-12-2008, 12:52 PM
HD Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 49

Status: AlexCourtney is offline
I've found something that may be useful.
||| Waves'
||| Alex Courtney

||| HostPastima Owner/Founder
||| // Coming Soon

  Post #24 (permalink)   07-21-2008, 12:44 PM
HD Amateur
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 71

Status: HostingITrust is offline
If you are a registered company then you are liable to pay taxes. We are a India based company and we pay taxes.
Ray Creations |
Ray Hosting | RayThemz
Previous Thread Next Thread

Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: