Twitter     Facebook
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



FORUM SUPPORTERS:

Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   03-16-2012, 02:35 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,962
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkY0294 View Post
if a client is spamming in any way their account is terminated
the same here. but as i have had problems with using trying to use the addon domain feature to resell i do not disable this as addons are listed on plans, but clients have to justify why they need to use this before it is fully activated
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   03-17-2012, 08:12 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 68

Status: VLStream is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
the same here. but as i have had problems with using trying to use the addon domain feature to resell i do not disable this as addons are listed on plans, but clients have to justify why they need to use this before it is fully activated
How do you do this then?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   03-17-2012, 10:19 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,962
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLStream View Post
How do you do this then?

this is easy to do if you use cpanel/WHM

first on your site you would list the plans as normal with the addon domains displayed and a small footer toi the plans saying addon domains are activated with justification.

then when a client requests these and you agree, you go into your root WHM >> list accounts and then find the account of the client and then mouse over the clients username and the edit button will appear under the username click on this and it will open an edit are for than account. then you just add the addons and then click save.

this is then done
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   03-17-2012, 04:04 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 78

Status: paul-ukwsd is offline
Customers like addon domains, price it into your plan structure and server limit (so you know the potential number of sites) and you will be fine.
__________________
Paul Ridge | UK Web.Solutions Direct
Reliable UK Web Hosting since 2001
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   03-17-2012, 04:13 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,962
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-ukwsd View Post
Customers like addon domains, price it into your plan structure and server limit (so you know the potential number of sites) and you will be fine.
these are priced into plans, but i only ask clients to request addons to be activated when they justify their usage.

I have not had a single complaint on this method
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   03-17-2012, 04:19 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 78

Status: paul-ukwsd is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
these are priced into plans, but i only ask clients to request addons to be activated when they justify their usage.

I have not had a single complaint on this method
If it's included into a plan, surely they should be able to use it without asking?
__________________
Paul Ridge | UK Web.Solutions Direct
Reliable UK Web Hosting since 2001
 
 
 


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   03-17-2012, 04:27 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,962
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-ukwsd View Post
If it's included into a plan, surely they should be able to use it without asking?
well it states in the plans they these are available just need justification to activate.

its like a lot of VPS suppliers give 1 IP with the server + another 1 on justification ( the plan prices with 2 but to get the second one you need to justify it.

as long as they are available and clients are aware of this then it works
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   03-18-2012, 06:23 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 57

Status: xbroshost is offline
Yes for this service you need a reseller account it's the best way
 
 
 


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   03-18-2012, 07:24 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 78

Status: paul-ukwsd is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbroshost View Post
Yes for this service you need a reseller account it's the best way
If a customer wants to maintain a small number of sites under the same cpanel login then a small hosting plan is the way to go, providing the usage fits in with space/bandwidth limits of the plan.
__________________
Paul Ridge | UK Web.Solutions Direct
Reliable UK Web Hosting since 2001
 
 
 


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 68

Status: VLStream is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
this is easy to do if you use cpanel/WHM

first on your site you would list the plans as normal with the addon domains displayed and a small footer toi the plans saying addon domains are activated with justification.

then when a client requests these and you agree, you go into your root WHM >> list accounts and then find the account of the client and then mouse over the clients username and the edit button will appear under the username click on this and it will open an edit are for than account. then you just add the addons and then click save.

this is then done
Ok well i guess that makes sense.. but it did leave me with one question though..

What criteria is used to allow or disallow someone to use an addon domain?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   03-20-2012, 11:16 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,962
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLStream View Post

What criteria is used to allow or disallow someone to use an addon domain?
we will ask for the domain name/s they want to addon, so we can check that these are domains registered in the name of the account holder. if the addon domains are not in the name of the account holder then they are not allowed.

this is due to previous experiences where clients has used this feature to resell hosting.

if a client cannot give us the domain names they was to add then this is also a no as this could be a sign of reselling as if you were to add a domain surely you would know what domain you will be adding.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On