First, I read customer hosting reviews on true web sites.
Then, I look at how fast the host's representative replies to my questions.
Pricing is also an important factor when choosing a host.
Uptime guarantee and also at least 30-day money back guarantee.
No hidden fees.
There are many factors should be taken into consideration when choosing your web hosting provider: available features in hosting packages, allocated resources, servers specifications, pricing, DC location, technical support responsiveness etc.
As per my experience the good web hosting provider should have the below qualities -
1. Server security with the best Firewall configuration
2. Best technical support which should resolve all your queries in minimum time
3. Affordable cost compare to market
4. Backup facility
5. Servers should have minimum downtime.
6. Addon services like email hosting, spam filtering should be provided.