Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   02-06-2018, 06:07 PM
HD Master
 
webling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 254

Status: webling is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
If you searched EIG then you would have read all the negative reviews of them


Yes people look for the lowest price and that is why we have the kiddie hosts on ebay selling unlimited everything reseller plans for $2 a year and when these fail people come to us.


These big dogs have huge budgets, huge staff levels and all you are to them is a number and $$

us little dogs can in no way compete with them, you just have to find your own niche and use it to your advantage. The main advantage of being a small host is you treat your customers as friends and offer a personal service.
Good words. That's basically what my company is, but I do need it to grow more. So even though I can't chop the numbers like the huge companies do. I can still chop them more in hopes of gaining new clients. I know I won't become anything like the giants and I don't want to. But I want to compete enough that my company grows.
__________________
Chosen Web Host Quality Shared web hosting and Design
Integrity with Excellence - Free backups through cPanel
You can't develop the internet, until you learn to develop yourself
 
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   02-06-2018, 06:19 PM
HD Master
 
Harv45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 263

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by webling View Post
Good words. That's basically what my company is, but I do need it to grow more. So even though I can't chop the numbers like the huge companies do. I can still chop them more in hopes of gaining new clients. I know I won't become anything like the giants and I don't want to. But I want to compete enough that my company grows.
But you don't need to do it with pricing. You already mentioned that quality is risk if you drop your prices. So why not figure out a different way to compete without hurting your business in the long term?
__________________
Humane Hosting proudly providing simple, quality, and supportive website hosting!
We are also now proudly providing domains!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   02-07-2018, 05:59 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,165
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by webling View Post
Good words. That's basically what my company is, but I do need it to grow more. So even though I can't chop the numbers like the huge companies do. I can still chop them more in hopes of gaining new clients. I know I won't become anything like the giants and I don't want to. But I want to compete enough that my company grows.
looking at your website, you offer limited domain registrations as rather expensive and you dont offer SSl certs.

you should look at these. take a look at resellerclub and TheSSLstore.com.

also sell your IPs as single IPs and not just blocks of 8
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to easyhostmedia For This Useful Post:
Harv45 (02-07-2018)


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   02-07-2018, 05:50 PM
HD Master
 
webling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 254

Status: webling is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
But you don't need to do it with pricing. You already mentioned that quality is risk if you drop your prices. So why not figure out a different way to compete without hurting your business in the long term?
I may have to do what is easiest for me. One thing I might do is give away free hosting to new customers for a certain period of time.
__________________
Chosen Web Host Quality Shared web hosting and Design
Integrity with Excellence - Free backups through cPanel
You can't develop the internet, until you learn to develop yourself
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   02-07-2018, 05:52 PM
HD Master
 
webling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 254

Status: webling is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
looking at your website, you offer limited domain registrations as rather expensive and you dont offer SSl certs.

you should look at these. take a look at resellerclub and TheSSLstore.com.

also sell your IPs as single IPs and not just blocks of 8
I do sell SSI certificates.

I do offer IP based hosting and the domain only has one IP. The blocks of 8 are for the larger accounts.

I allow clients to order as many domains as they want. I barely make any money on domain names once I take on a small amount to my wholesale cost.
__________________
Chosen Web Host Quality Shared web hosting and Design
Integrity with Excellence - Free backups through cPanel
You can't develop the internet, until you learn to develop yourself

Last edited by webling : 02-07-2018 at 05:58 PM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   02-07-2018, 06:43 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 27

Status: robert4u is offline
Well I started my hosting business around 10 years back, at that time I used to thought that after 10 years I will be millionaire it did not happened but atleast I am not doing day job.

Now for some I am running successful business, but for me its not very successful as from the beginning my expectations were high and I saw big dreams.

You learn with time, experience of 10 years but still what I lack is marketing expertise. That is what make the difference, find someone who is very good in marketing and you will go.

Now for you it seem like you are not either technical person hire someone to update your website design, people livelihood depend on their website they will not trust who have bad design.
__________________
Hostter - hostter.com
Serving for years now! Bitcoin Accepted
Bitcoin VPS | Bitcoin Hosting
 
 


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   02-11-2018, 01:26 PM
HD Master
 
webling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 254

Status: webling is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert4u View Post
Well I started my hosting business around 10 years back, at that time I used to thought that after 10 years I will be millionaire it did not happened but atleast I am not doing day job.

Now for some I am running successful business, but for me its not very successful as from the beginning my expectations were high and I saw big dreams.

You learn with time, experience of 10 years but still what I lack is marketing expertise. That is what make the difference, find someone who is very good in marketing and you will go.

Now for you it seem like you are not either technical person hire someone to update your website design, people livelihood depend on their website they will not trust who have bad design.
Actually I am a technical person. I went to school for computer programing.
__________________
Chosen Web Host Quality Shared web hosting and Design
Integrity with Excellence - Free backups through cPanel
You can't develop the internet, until you learn to develop yourself
 
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   02-12-2018, 05:51 AM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 355
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
My own 0.02 on the topic:

I started my first online 'business' years ago. I'm not talking about the hobby I used to pass the time (mud hosting) , but the first genuine business that I felt could take me away from my 'day job'. In 2002, it took me about 4 months to realize my potential and leave my day job.

That being said, I do not recommend doing this today, or to anyone who is looking for a hosting company. Sorry kids, but you're not going to get there for years to come.

My trick? I have never sold 'hosting' to supply my main income. I provide the services that keep those companies running. Whether it's server administration to WHMCS administration, manipulation, etc... It's where the money is. Screw selling 'hosting'. That's a child's game that (literally) children are getting into every summer because 'bored'.

My second trick? I spent YEARS enveloping myself in what I was doing before I dared to call myself a systems admin, or a programmer. We're talking probably 5 years, with no Windows, nothing but a Linux PC, modifying the hell out of it, breaking it, fixing it, programming various crap . I (almost) miss those days... You're not going to get anywhere just trying to 'own your host'. Again, that's childs play. Go to work as an apprentice for a host, work your way from the mail room up to management, as it were... Get the know how before you get into things.
__________________
Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
Check out my WHMCS Addons
+1 - 866-546-8914 / skype - admin_139201 / twitter/facebook - @whmcsguru
 
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whmcsguru For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (02-12-2018), SenseiSteve (02-12-2018)


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   02-12-2018, 06:07 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,165
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
My own 0.02 on the topic:

I started my first online 'business' years ago. I'm not talking about the hobby I used to pass the time (mud hosting) , but the first genuine business that I felt could take me away from my 'day job'. In 2002, it took me about 4 months to realize my potential and leave my day job.

That being said, I do not recommend doing this today, or to anyone who is looking for a hosting company. Sorry kids, but you're not going to get there for years to come.

My trick? I have never sold 'hosting' to supply my main income. I provide the services that keep those companies running. Whether it's server administration to WHMCS administration, manipulation, etc... It's where the money is. Screw selling 'hosting'. That's a child's game that (literally) children are getting into every summer because 'bored'.

My second trick? I spent YEARS enveloping myself in what I was doing before I dared to call myself a systems admin, or a programmer. We're talking probably 5 years, with no Windows, nothing but a Linux PC, modifying the hell out of it, breaking it, fixing it, programming various crap . I (almost) miss those days... You're not going to get anywhere just trying to 'own your host'. Again, that's childs play. Go to work as an apprentice for a host, work your way from the mail room up to management, as it were... Get the know how before you get into things.
I agree, i see many on ebay and these increase during the summer holidays, these kids will get a unlimited everything reseller plan from Ebay for a few $$ a year and call themselves a webhost, they dont even have their own website and will just sell again of ebay and use paypal for taking payments and when something goes wrong they just vanish as they have no idea what they are doing. I sometimes for fun will ask some of these so called hosts simple questions and see if they reply. I once asked 1 of them if they offered dedicated IPS and DNS hosting and was shocked when they replied with 'what is a dedicated IP and what is DNS' and you will get poor victims sign up with these to host their websites
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   02-12-2018, 09:18 AM
HD Master
 
Harv45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 263

Status: Harv45 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
That being said, I do not recommend doing this today, or to anyone who is looking for a hosting company. Sorry kids, but you're not going to get there for years to come.
That honestly apply for anything your wanting to do. Want to start a lawn care business? It will still take you more than a summer to have a full blown shop.

Want to have your own "fix it" garage? You has to start from the bottom and work your way up to owning your repair shop and so on.

With that said, no one should do ANY business if they don't plan on doing it for several months if not a year or so before they get meaningful results.
__________________
Humane Hosting proudly providing simple, quality, and supportive website hosting!
We are also now proudly providing domains!
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Harv45 For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (02-12-2018)


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   02-12-2018, 10:19 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,165
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
In the UK HMRC state it can take 12 months for any business to start to make any sort of profit.
lucky for me i was already in business when i started my hosting business ( which i started on a simple reseller account) so was making a profit from day 1, when after 4 years i moved to a VPS, my profit from hosting drops slightly while i spent the time getting all the various addons for the server, but was still making a profit and still am
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to easyhostmedia For This Useful Post:
SenseiSteve (02-12-2018)


Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   02-18-2018, 10:01 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 9

Status: RWB_Hosting is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by webling View Post
When I started my web hosting company I had hoped it would grow enough to take me away from my day job. I hoped to eventually live in an RV and live in the warmest area of the US depending on the time of year. But that hasn't come close to even happening. I don't even have enough clients that I earn any money. Maybe I need to advertise more but with money as tight as it is it's hard to get many ads out there.
My advice is to spend your advertising budget wisely! make sure ads are optimized as much as possible to get the best value for money, and don't just use one method of advertising, try many and find what works for you and delivers the best results, also good SEO will help you get more organic traffic.
__________________
Premium SSD Web Hosting & KVM VPS https://rwbhosting.co.nz 24/7 Live Chat Support!
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: