Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



FORUM SUPPORTERS:

Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   06-23-2018, 01:43 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 13

Status: JackThomas is offline
Who is best SSL certificate provider ? which SSL certificate should be used ?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   06-23-2018, 06:38 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,534
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThomas View Post
Who is best SSL certificate provider ? which SSL certificate should be used ?
depends on what sort of website you are wanting and SSL for
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   06-24-2018, 12:23 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 301

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThomas View Post
Who is best SSL certificate provider ? which SSL certificate should be used ?
1. It just like shopping for hosting, a car, or even a hospital to get care from. You should look for reviews and so on to see who make the "cuts" you are looking for.
2. Now of days it seems to me that...
DV (Domain Validated):free providers like Let's Encrypt or Comdo Positive will cut the mustard. As they tend to have the similar "popularity", protection, and/or etc.
OV (Organization Validated): These are worth paying for IF your wishing to "prove" that you are the organization you are. Personally these are probably better for like non profits or companies that handle more sensitive purchases like jewelry, computer systems, and/or etc. As these customers will (hopefully) likely look for PROOFS that if they paying hundreds literally over Ethernet it's going to a solid standing brand/good cause.
EV (Extended Validated): It's the most expensive and for a reason... It's requires up to a few weeks of validation as you actually has to phone in and so on. Thankfully most of us won't NEED it as we are not banks or places like Paypal. Or even larger shops like Amazon. As long as your not processing like over 250k USD/year I don't believe you are required to have one in order be "compliance". As a DV would works until/if you reach such a bracket.
 
 
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harv45 For This Useful Post:
Artashes (06-27-2018), Hostfinch (07-21-2018), JackThomas (06-27-2018), SenseiSteve (07-10-2018)


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   06-25-2018, 12:03 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 21

Status: prolimehost is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThomas View Post
Who is best SSL certificate provider ? which SSL certificate should be used ?
we always suggest comodo to our clients, they offers the best features and pricing
 
 
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prolimehost For This Useful Post:
Hostfinch (07-21-2018), JackThomas (06-27-2018)


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   06-27-2018, 06:04 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 13

Status: JackThomas is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
1. It just like shopping for hosting, a car, or even a hospital to get care from. You should look for reviews and so on to see who make the "cuts" you are looking for.
2. Now of days it seems to me that...
DV (Domain Validated):free providers like Let's Encrypt or Comdo Positive will cut the mustard. As they tend to have the similar "popularity", protection, and/or etc.
OV (Organization Validated): These are worth paying for IF your wishing to "prove" that you are the organization you are. Personally these are probably better for like non profits or companies that handle more sensitive purchases like jewelry, computer systems, and/or etc. As these customers will (hopefully) likely look for PROOFS that if they paying hundreds literally over Ethernet it's going to a solid standing brand/good cause.
EV (Extended Validated): It's the most expensive and for a reason... It's requires up to a few weeks of validation as you actually has to phone in and so on. Thankfully most of us won't NEED it as we are not banks or places like Paypal. Or even larger shops like Amazon. As long as your not processing like over 250k USD/year I don't believe you are required to have one in order be "compliance". As a DV would works until/if you reach such a bracket.

I will definitely take these suggestions into consideration
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to JackThomas For This Useful Post:
Harv45 (06-27-2018)


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   06-27-2018, 12:55 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 43

Status: AlphaNine_vini is offline
Comodo and RapidSSL is a good trusted SSL certificate provider.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   06-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 40

Status: KaenW is offline
Try with Lets Encrypt
 
 
 


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   06-27-2018, 09:05 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kakkanad
Posts: 82

Status: nixtree is offline
In theory every SSL cert is same and the level of encryption is the only thing that matters. The rest is just for customers perception which the SSL providers created over the years which is brand value.

I will say use letsencrypt as those are free ones and move to paid ones only for those who needs it for customers or any other purpose.
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to nixtree For This Useful Post:
JackThomas (06-28-2018)


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   06-28-2018, 05:44 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,534
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixtree View Post
In theory every SSL cert is same and the level of encryption is the only thing that matters. The rest is just for customers perception which the SSL providers created over the years which is brand value.

I will say use letsencrypt as those are free ones and move to paid ones only for those who needs it for customers or any other purpose.
Free ones DONT provide validation which you get when you get a paid SSL cert in the form of an SSL badge which when clicked validates the SSL is correct and valid.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to easyhostmedia For This Useful Post:
JackThomas (06-28-2018)


Old
  Post #10 (permalink)   06-28-2018, 06:25 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 32

Status: StackPaper is offline
I would say one of the best at the moment are Comodo SSL, it is highly affordable, has great customer support, only thing to dislike is the validation that can take some time if the information required for Comodo SSL to complete the checking process isn’t available online.
Also RapidSSL, is great aswel, also offering great prices, free support is provided 24/7 by web and email, and installation tools are part of the package at no additional costs.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #11 (permalink)   06-28-2018, 06:36 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,534
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by StackPaper View Post
I would say one of the best at the moment are Comodo SSL, it is highly affordable, has great customer support, only thing to dislike is the validation that can take some time if the information required for Comodo SSL to complete the checking process isnít available online.
Also RapidSSL, is great aswel, also offering great prices, free support is provided 24/7 by web and email, and installation tools are part of the package at no additional costs.
DV validation is instant.
OV and EV validation takes time as they require more in depth validation checks and this goes for all CAs
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #12 (permalink)   07-01-2018, 11:33 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 301

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
Free ones DONT provide validation which you get when you get a paid SSL cert in the form of an SSL badge which when clicked validates the SSL is correct and valid.
Even then not all certificates even provides this. Some are static only for example and so on.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #13 (permalink)   07-01-2018, 12:17 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,534
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Even then not all certificates even provides this. Some are static only for example and so on.
all paid ones will provide a separate email with the method to get and install the validation badge, if it then upto you if you install it or not
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #14 (permalink)   07-02-2018, 10:22 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 13

Status: Qspider is offline
I use mostly Comodo. I've also dealt with RapidSSL. No problems with either. Some clients like to use Let's Encrypt and I've had no issues with them. Personally, Comodo is my go-to SSL certificate.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #15 (permalink)   07-02-2018, 07:33 PM
WHMCS Developer
 
wsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: N.J.
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to wsac

Status: wsac is offline
I pick Comodo SSL
__________________
WHMCS Services - sales (at) whmcsservices.com
WHMCS Addons / Modules
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: