Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Closed Thread


Old
  Post #31 (permalink)   05-19-2012, 09:00 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 41

Status: keshavmhin23 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostAddonLtd View Post
I'm planning to start a resller business , but i'm totally new to the business and need a good advice from all the members here, The tips and tricks and also how we can do this business in a much profitable manner.
There are few things which you can make sure to consider before starting a reselling business at new start level:

First, make sure that you do required full research to ensure you select the best possible web host as your reseller hosting service provider this will ensure you have hassle free web hosting as a platform for your clients as otherwise you can be in big trouble if your web host offer you insufficient level of services and support.

Second, make sure you that have setup your billing and support system online in place you can prefer leading scripts such as hostbill or WHMCS as a platform at start level to ensure that you do have smooth running of your reselling business.

Third, Last but not least you shall ensure that you do have a proper marketing plan to have good client base for your reseller business.

These are my few cents...
__________________
Backup.Country™- Automated cloud backups for PC, Laptop & Servers
31% Off Coupon code: WORLDBACKUPDAY
Logon to https://backup.country/
 
 


Old
  Post #32 (permalink)   05-19-2012, 07:15 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 69
Send a message via Skype™ to HogWildMark

Status: HogWildMark is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostAddonLtd View Post
I'm planning to start a resller business , but i'm totally new to the business and need a good advice from all the members here, The tips and tricks and also how we can do this business in a much profitable manner.
It will depend on how much you intend to charge for your services. Only you can answer that. Just make sure that when choosing a reseller you do your research well and find reviews about them.
__________________
HogWildHost.com
Shared Hosting | Dedicated & Cloud Servers
Twitter: @HogWildHost | Facebook: @HogWildHosting | Google+: @HogWildHost
 
 


Old
  Post #33 (permalink)   05-21-2012, 10:05 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 78
Send a message via Skype™ to private_html

Status: private_html is offline
reselling is profitable, the only problem is, millions of other companys do it, so why would people go to a new host that could just close there doors and a month or two?...
 
 


Old
  Post #34 (permalink)   05-23-2012, 02:02 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 54

Status: RandyTHQ is offline
it can be, but you will need to know how to market things
 
 


Old
  Post #35 (permalink)   05-23-2012, 09:34 AM
HD Guru
 
shockym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 694

Status: shockym is offline
Are you going to be the same as everyone else and hope people visit your site to sign up rather than competitor or are you going to bust yourself setting your company apart from everyone else? You get out exactly what you put in and while its sometimes hard work, in the end to me (as a non-reseller who deals with resellers all of the time) it is worth it.
__________________
Please your clients & thank them from time to time.......they are just like groupies that keep the band going strong.
 
 


Old
  Post #36 (permalink)   05-25-2012, 06:06 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 78
Send a message via Skype™ to private_html

Status: private_html is offline
it is yes, but it takes a very long time, due to the amount of people reselling these days and alot are just fly by night hosts.
 
 


Old
  Post #37 (permalink)   05-31-2012, 02:42 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,356
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by private_html View Post
it is yes, but it takes a very long time, due to the amount of people reselling these days and alot are just fly by night hosts.
Yes their are many fly by night hosts, but when people looks for hosts many never do research and only see $$, so will more than likley go with these fly by night hosts offering unlimited space plans for $1.99 a year and then when this host just shuts down they come to us and complain how bad their other host was.

It is also good to try and find a niche market.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #38 (permalink)   05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 91

Status: GridVirt is offline
It is but don't expect it to be easy. Do your homework and spend at least a few weeks researching hosts to make sure you get a decent one. Stay away from budget hosts as they are already selling cheap. Go with a quality host and build a relationship with them. Spend countless hour on SEO and market research...work for it and it will be profitable.
__________________
▀▄ GridVirt Inc. Beyond The Cloud Linux VPSWindows VPS
▀▄ High Performance SSD KVM Virtual Grid Servers (VPS)
 
 


Old
  Post #39 (permalink)   05-31-2012, 03:15 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,356
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by GridVirt View Post
Stay away from budget hosts as they are already selling cheap.
WHY! This is not always a negative point.

You can get a reasonably resourced VPS as set up reseller and master reseller plans for $5 to $10 a month and still make a good profit, while giving enough resources to the reseller for them to make a decent profit
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #40 (permalink)   06-01-2012, 10:40 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 91

Status: GridVirt is offline
This is true but the vast majority of budget hosts oversell so you have less room and re-selling something that is already oversold does not make much business sense.
__________________
▀▄ GridVirt Inc. Beyond The Cloud Linux VPSWindows VPS
▀▄ High Performance SSD KVM Virtual Grid Servers (VPS)
 
 


Old
  Post #41 (permalink)   06-05-2012, 07:33 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50

Status: IH-Rameen is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
WHY! This is not always a negative point.

You can get a reasonably resourced VPS as set up reseller and master reseller plans for $5 to $10 a month and still make a good profit, while giving enough resources to the reseller for them to make a decent profit
It is always a negative point. How can you honestly suggest someone to start their business on something as unreliable and unstable as a master reseller?

If you don't have a few dollars a month to spend on a *business* then you shouldn't be in this business.
 
 


Old
  Post #42 (permalink)   06-05-2012, 01:15 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,356
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
It is always a negative point. How can you honestly suggest someone to start their business on something as unreliable and unstable as a master reseller?

If you don't have a few dollars a month to spend on a *business* then you shouldn't be in this business.
most hosts will start off on a reseller and then master reseller and then onto a VPS.

we also have many hosting clients who started with us on an MR and then upgraded to a VPS when they has secured a profitable clientbase
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #43 (permalink)   06-05-2012, 02:33 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50

Status: IH-Rameen is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
most hosts will start off on a reseller and then master reseller and then onto a VPS.

we also have many hosting clients who started with us on an MR and then upgraded to a VPS when they has secured a profitable clientbase
It's very bad advice to even suggest a master reseller. No decent, self respecting host would dream of putting their clients on a master reseller. It's the cheap poor mans way of selling reseller accounts. Cutting corners at the expense of the customer.
 
 


Old
  Post #44 (permalink)   06-05-2012, 02:43 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,356
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
It's very bad advice to even suggest a master reseller. No decent, self respecting host would dream of putting their clients on a master reseller. It's the cheap poor mans way of selling reseller accounts. Cutting corners at the expense of the customer.
so 99.99% of webhosts are wrong, as even the big boys offer MR accounts as this is the FIRST step of new web host businesses where the customers are not converse in VPS. it is not cutting corners
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #45 (permalink)   06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50

Status: IH-Rameen is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
so 99.99% of webhosts are wrong, as even the big boys offer MR accounts as this is the FIRST step of new web host businesses where the customers are not converse in VPS. it is not cutting corners
Who are the big boys? Does hostgator offer master reseller? Does fasthost offer master reseller? Does httpme offer master reseller? Does 1&1 offer master reseller?

The minority offer master reseller, and there is a reason that it's only the minority.

Where did you get this 99.99% statistic from? You made it up on the spot. I'd say it's 0.01% that offer master reseller.

A master reseller modifies a control panel to do something it was never intended to. There is a reason why cPanel doesn't implement master reselling into their software.
 
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: