Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   11-22-2012, 03:08 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,355
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernix View Post
I have read that Burst. Net is developing an API to resell their services
even with an API i would not recommend reselling their services.

I had a reseller account with them 1 on their UK site and 1 on their EU site. one of my clients wanted a VPS with Direct Admin, so ordered 1 for the client, the VPS was set up within hours , but after 2 weeks they till had not provided DA, they gave many reasons. after 2 weeks i decided to contact DA direct to see if they could give a reason for the hold up and i was told that NO request for a licence had been made for the server IP. when i contact burst about this i never got any response so i cancelled the VPS (still no refund after 6 months) and have neve3r bothered using my reseller accounts with them since.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   11-24-2012, 05:32 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 27

Status: felosi is offline
Oh LORD dont go with Burst, they are horrible! Now easyhost that is one of the bad experiences I had with openvz there. Every client we sold a vps to was usually a refund within a week.

They have some killer deals on hardware as a reseller but their ips are pure crap. They come pre blacklisted most the time and good luck getting them to get it off, they will simply send you another bad block. And we even seen issues where their ips that wasnt even on the major blacklists couldnt send mail to many places.

Burst is decent for a BUDGET server reseller, maybe upsale on some server management but usually you will always run into problems with mail on their ips.

I helped setup a host one time to resell burst and he done well, back in 2008-2009 I think. Then I tried the same tactic with another guy and he was very displeased with me and my recommendations.

I would like to find a decent server reseller but still most I know if you get fraud you are still stuck with the bill and many are no more then an affiliate type deal.

Advise to anyone, avoid burst.net like the plague!
__________________
Serveradmins.us - Top Quality USA based server management and outsourced support
Webhostwith.us - Highest Performance Hosting on the Net!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   11-24-2012, 06:40 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,355
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by felosi View Post
Now easyhost that is one of the bad experiences I had with openvz there.
my issue was not with OpenVZ, but the fact Burst had failed to order a DA licence after being paid for such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felosi View Post
I would like to find a decent server reseller but still most I know if you get fraud you are still stuck with the bill and many are no more then an affiliate type deal.
Most will still leave you with the bill if you client is fraud as it is up to you to screen your own orders.

We stopped offering VPS/DEDs as just not the requests for these, we still offer Singlehop cloud servers, but have never had 1 enquiry/order for these, so may even stop offering these.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   11-24-2012, 10:57 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11

Status: asuserver is offline
you can use xlhost or redstation . the hardware is best but xlhost port is 100 mbps .
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   11-24-2012, 11:52 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,355
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuserver View Post
you can use xlhost or redstation . the hardware is best but xlhost port is 100 mbps .
Neither of these allow you to resell VPS. redstation will allow you to get a ded server or colocate, but the OP is after a supplier that will allow you to set up a VPS reseller account to white label resell servers.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   11-24-2012, 01:12 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 113

Status: Jon N is offline
Hudson Valley Host is another hosting company that lets you resell Linux VPS Servers.
__________________
Nguyen Web Company - Empowering Excellence
Virtual Cloud Services in 16 locations WORLDWIDE
Contact us for our custom budget dedicated server deals!
http://www.nguyenwebcompany.net
 
 
 


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   11-24-2012, 01:32 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,355
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon N View Post
Hudson Valley Host is another hosting company that lets you resell Linux VPS Servers.
forgot about them.
http://hudsonvalleyhost.com/vpsreseller.php

with HVH you purchase a VPS resell plan with resources and then split these resources into VPS setups to resell

Quote:
Linux VPS Reseller Features:

1)You get a Reseller VPS Account to completely manage your clients VPS, from suspending, to booting, to changing the root password. This includes adding and deleting clients/VPS accounts.
2)Set your own prices. You decide what price you want to sell them at.
3)Your client gets his own account as well to manage his VPS
4)Fully unbranded. There is no Hudson Valley Host links anywhere, and the website address to login is also unbranded
5)Over 10 possible OS for your clients to use
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   11-29-2012, 12:55 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 168

Status: concerto49 is offline
I wouldn't go with Burst.net either. Seen so many people do it - easy to setup but lots of issues. It's a pain. Go with a trusted host.

A lot of hosts do offer reseller programs, just not officially listed on their site. If you send them a sales ticket, they might be able to help.
__________________
Hyperconnezion
your fast path to success. Serving data center services, cloud hosting and IT Support and Management.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   02-14-2013, 10:28 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Send a message via Skype™ to hasel

Status: hasel is offline
There's 2 types of reselling option you can do. Reselling the resources or reselling per vps and earn commission with it. Usually host would prefer you to sell with commissions. Because in the end of the day if you decided that its time to build your own vpses, you won't be able to take your current clients forward with you. Which is a bad thing. You either continue to resell and earn through commisions or drop all your hard earn customers to them.

Reselling the resources is much better, because it gives you some degree of control over your customers. But you have to find a host that is willing to troubleshoot the servers if your customers ran into a problem. And you have to manage a wide range of OS too, typically linux if you're reselling linux boxes.

If I were you, I would search a provider who provide fully managed services. Cost abit, but worth the price. Both for the future and present. And you have to decide which place you want it to be too. Consumers who buy vpses are typically more concern with location because in assumption, they are more informed than shared hosting users.
__________________
www.BigScoots.com - Experience the Difference, Ride With Us
Specializing in Premium Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid and Dedicated Hosting
Fully Managed | 100% Positive Approval Rating! | Free Server Migration
REAL 24/7/365 US Based Support | 100% Network Uptime

Last edited by hasel : 02-14-2013 at 10:30 PM.
 
 


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   02-26-2013, 09:11 PM
HD Master
 
webling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 260

Status: webling is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasel View Post
There's 2 types of reselling option you can do. Reselling the resources or reselling per vps and earn commission with it. Usually host would prefer you to sell with commissions. Because in the end of the day if you decided that its time to build your own vpses, you won't be able to take your current clients forward with you. Which is a bad thing. You either continue to resell and earn through commisions or drop all your hard earn customers to them.

Reselling the resources is much better, because it gives you some degree of control over your customers. But you have to find a host that is willing to troubleshoot the servers if your customers ran into a problem. And you have to manage a wide range of OS too, typically linux if you're reselling linux boxes.

If I were you, I would search a provider who provide fully managed services. Cost abit, but worth the price. Both for the future and present. And you have to decide which place you want it to be too. Consumers who buy vpses are typically more concern with location because in assumption, they are more informed than shared hosting users.
Thanks for the insight. I haven't been back to this thread in awhile but remembered it when I scrolled down through this list.

When I started my company I got a reseller plan, but because the upstream provider was overselling on the server it caused my accounts to run slow. So I got a VPS and moved all my domains to the VPS and the sites run much faster. I've gotten more VPS accounts since then and basically offer shared hosting. I'm thinking about adding a reseller account to offer prospective clients but not sure what the pros and cons are at this point. I'm a bit leary with allowing someone to add whatever they want to my server, but then my terms kind of cover a lot of stuff anyway so at least with that in place I can enforce a few things if it gets out of hand.
__________________
Chosen Web Host Quality Shared web hosting and Design
Integrity with Excellence - Free backups through cPanel
You can't develop the internet, until you learn to develop yourself
 
 
 


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   02-27-2013, 02:39 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,355
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by webling View Post
Thanks for the insight. I haven't been back to this thread in awhile but remembered it when I scrolled down through this list.

When I started my company I got a reseller plan, but because the upstream provider was overselling on the server it caused my accounts to run slow. So I got a VPS and moved all my domains to the VPS and the sites run much faster. I've gotten more VPS accounts since then and basically offer shared hosting. I'm thinking about adding a reseller account to offer prospective clients but not sure what the pros and cons are at this point. I'm a bit leary with allowing someone to add whatever they want to my server, but then my terms kind of cover a lot of stuff anyway so at least with that in place I can enforce a few things if it gets out of hand.
I would say 95% of your clientbase have reseller accounts and we have no issues. when you setup a plan if you are using cPanel/WHM then you can restrict the amount of accounts a reseller can set up on the account, which helps alot. I also find some people prefer reseller accounts over a single site shared account, so they can run all their sites from 1 place. out of the 95% of our resellers approx. 20% of them actually sell hosting services, 75% of them only host their own sites.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 


Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   03-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 323

Status: euro-space is offline
Maybe it's also a good idea to just order a dedicated server and create VPS interfaces under it, so then you can resell
 
 
 


Old
  Post #28 (permalink)   03-04-2013, 06:16 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,355
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-space View Post
Maybe it's also a good idea to just order a dedicated server and create VPS interfaces under it, so then you can resell
We tried both methods of having a ded server with VPS interfaces and even reselling from a VPS reseller account and could not attract enough custom for these services to warrant us continuing to offer them
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #29 (permalink)   03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 98

Status: paradiseweb is offline
I was wondering about reselling VPS, sounds pretty complicated and not worth the pricing. I think overall it seems most here are recommending affiliate sales of it or something along that line. I have always done hosting for my design clients but I am now looking to do hosting as a primary sales source as well. Just trying to figure out domain name for it since none that I want are available. Thanks for the advice, I think I will stick with basic resell hosting for now and affiliate for those that want dedicated or VPS
__________________
Web Design and Hosting
Network Admin, Computer Science Teacher, Web Designer, and Web Host. I'm kind of busy...
Personal Comp Sci blog
 
 


Old
  Post #30 (permalink)   03-07-2013, 05:53 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 66

Status: Eased is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseweb View Post
I was wondering about reselling VPS, sounds pretty complicated and not worth the pricing. I think overall it seems most here are recommending affiliate sales of it or something along that line. I have always done hosting for my design clients but I am now looking to do hosting as a primary sales source as well. Just trying to figure out domain name for it since none that I want are available. Thanks for the advice, I think I will stick with basic resell hosting for now and affiliate for those that want dedicated or VPS
There is nothing wrong with reselling VPS servers. Its just quite the jump to go from reselling web hosting accounts, to reselling servers. If you're not knowledgeable with servers in terms of setup and support then I would definatley resell thru a main provider. Otherwise the best option is to get a larger dedicated server and virtualize many servers on it.
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: