Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   01-30-2018, 09:18 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 270

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
HOW?

It is always best to run support in house where you have full control rather than outsource to a company a few thousand miles away.
I would agree, as well. Just because large companies may tend to outsource doesn't means they always and nor is the best way.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   01-30-2018, 09:51 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,330
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
This gives you a good reason outsourcing is BAD for your business

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39177981
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   01-30-2018, 03:14 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 369
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Outsourcing itself isn't bad for your business

Outsourcing to some crappy company in India so that you can claim 24x7 support, and save a ton of $$$ is bad for business.

If you do your research, you can find plenty of outsourcing companies who have experience in the industry, companies that have been around for years and have an exceptional reputation for what they do.
__________________
Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
Check out my WHMCS Addons
+1 - 866-546-8914 / skype - admin_139201 / twitter/facebook - @whmcsguru
 
 
 


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   01-30-2018, 03:22 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 270

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
Outsourcing itself isn't bad for your business

Outsourcing to some crappy company in India so that you can claim 24x7 support, and save a ton of $$$ is bad for business.

If you do your research, you can find plenty of outsourcing companies who have experience in the industry, companies that have been around for years and have an exceptional reputation for what they do.
While outsourcing to a company that charges reasonably and not like $30/server "for the kitchen sink" does help. But the real question is... Do you want to give up the personal and caring factor of your business to a company that honestly that won't have nearly the same as you do?

Even delegating to in house this could be degraded. So why outsource and lose this "edge" of yours?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   01-30-2018, 04:23 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 369
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Again, research. That's why you get to know the company you're putting your servers and customers into. There's plenty of companies that are not fly by night companies that charge reasonable (around $100/month) rates for management / support and can do the job well enough.

It's all about who you use here
__________________
Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
Check out my WHMCS Addons
+1 - 866-546-8914 / skype - admin_139201 / twitter/facebook - @whmcsguru
 
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   02-01-2018, 08:51 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,330
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
Again, research. That's why you get to know the company you're putting your servers and customers into. There's plenty of companies that are not fly by night companies that charge reasonable (around $100/month) rates for management / support and can do the job well enough.

It's all about who you use here
Outsourcing the wrong company will be bad for your business, but even choosing a good reputable company , all it takes is them to have a rogue employee that can still sell on your customer details. You have also got to have someone that can visit these companies and train them in the ways of your business.
It is also hard to monitor these companies, so it is always best to have support etc. inhouse where you have control.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   02-01-2018, 09:07 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 270

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
Outsourcing the wrong company will be bad for your business, but even choosing a good reputable company , all it takes is them to have a rogue employee that can still sell on your customer details. You have also got to have someone that can visit these companies and train them in the ways of your business.
It is also hard to monitor these companies, so it is always best to have support etc. inhouse where you have control.
Exactly well said, even though your own employees can do this. At least you have control over how and when they access such. Thus being able to have monitoring at each point of access and so on.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   02-01-2018, 10:51 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,330
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
Exactly well said, even though your own employees can do this. At least you have control over how and when they access such. Thus being able to have monitoring at each point of access and so on.
Also if its your own employee you can give them their marching orders, but you have no control on how the call centre handles rogue staff, they may just brush it under the carpet
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   02-13-2018, 01:56 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: San Diego, US
Posts: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Boxne

Status: Boxne is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
This gives you a good reason outsourcing is BAD for your business

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39177981
I don't necessarily disagree or agree with easyhostmedia's response. You have to look into this subject in two different mindsets.

1. Look into the perspective of Outsourcing Support vs. Not.

If you choose not to outsource your support, you could still be left with headaches. There's people in every country that will try to hurt you or be a rouge employee. You can look at this BBC article of a Indian Call Center although don't let this make your decision for you. I'm sure i can find similar articles of US call centers or employees with the same behavior.

You can never rule out EVIL it's everywhere.

2. Outsourcing Support is cost effective way to not only provide 24x7x365 day support but assist you with many tasks you couldn't afford to be completed in other countries.

I'm not saying you should outsource your support or not, all i'm saying is if you screen anyone properly and do your research, RESEARCH is key. You could end up with a good outsourced company.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, find a company you like and research them. Find their customer reviews, are they BBB accredited? What other companies use them? What's their mission statement? How do they secure your information?

Thanks,
CR.
__________________
Boxne Network Solutions
(855) 426-4440
https://boxne.com
 
 


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   02-21-2018, 08:46 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 17

Status: hostpixal is offline
I do recommend 24x7servermanagement Company. they have this service Check with there web site
 
 
 


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   02-21-2018, 04:48 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: San Diego, US
Posts: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Boxne

Status: Boxne is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostpixal View Post
I do recommend 24x7servermanagement Company. they have this service Check with there web site
This company seems to be really cheap in their server management packages. Is there a catch? How long have you worked with them to be recommending them?
__________________
Boxne Network Solutions
(855) 426-4440
https://boxne.com
 
 
 


Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   02-21-2018, 04:59 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,330
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxne View Post
This company seems to be really cheap in their server management packages. Is there a catch? How long have you worked with them to be recommending them?
You could ask them on here as they are HD members https://www.hostingdiscussion.com/members/27903.html
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #28 (permalink)   02-22-2018, 01:34 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: San Diego, US
Posts: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Boxne

Status: Boxne is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
You could ask them on here as they are HD members https://www.hostingdiscussion.com/members/27903.html
Will do. Although it's always nice to get a review from their customer. Rather then an employee. Employees tend to be more positive about the company they work for.

Thanks,
CR.
__________________
Boxne Network Solutions
(855) 426-4440
https://boxne.com
 
 
 


Old
  Post #29 (permalink)   02-22-2018, 01:39 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,330
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxne View Post
Will do. Although it's always nice to get a review from their customer. Rather then an employee. Employees tend to be more positive about the company they work for.

Thanks,
CR.
yes, but a customer wont know why they are so cheap
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #30 (permalink)   02-22-2018, 01:43 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: San Diego, US
Posts: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Boxne

Status: Boxne is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
yes, but a customer wont know why they are so cheap
Nice catch. , I agree with you.
__________________
Boxne Network Solutions
(855) 426-4440
https://boxne.com
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: