Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



FORUM SUPPORTERS:

Reply


Old
  Post #16 (permalink)   01-24-2018, 02:08 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: banglore
Posts: 15
Send a message via Skype™ to RDPproviders

Status: RDPproviders is offline
Hmmmmm.....
I think there is someone with too much anger with EHT..
well i think anything takes time to kick start .
If you go for the traffic you will find something better than that what are you thinking..
so, i you have to patience for anything ....
Its my view only
__________________
RDPproviders
Dedicated server,RDP services, Managed VPN
HAVE A LITTLE FAITH
 
 
 


Old
  Post #17 (permalink)   01-24-2018, 02:15 PM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 5,144

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
Sorry, but I completely disagree with your advice to avoid WHT. It's a heavily moderated forum with lots of safeguards built-in.

They do delete posts and clean up threads all the time, but just because you ask them to delete a post, that's not reason enough for them to do it.

If you don't like the way you were treated there, there are certainly a ton of other web hosting forums to frequent. Hosting Discussion has been around for years, and many of our members also frequent WHT, but we're a little different here, I think in a good way.
__________________
Hostirian - Saint Louis Data Center and Dedicated Servers Provider - (800) 615-9349
Colocation, Cloud Servers & Managed WordPress Solutions
Nearly 20 years of IT experience | SSAE-18 Certified, HIPAA Compliant
Insanely Fast PCIe NVMe Servers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #18 (permalink)   01-24-2018, 02:47 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 382
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
YAY, necromancy

TBH, I am a bit unsure about the future of WHT, as over the past year or so it's just gone on a huge downhill slide.. Case in point

WHT's SSL certificate expired on 01-15 . They were notified by me of this, rather than having their own team discern and correct this.

How long did it take to correct this? Oh good Lord... I think that finally went into full affect last night. So, a week

WHT's leadership has fallen quite a bit over the past year or so, as shown by various things such as lack of helpdesk, memberships, etc. It's just a complete and utter mess since the new ownership has taken over. I won't even get into the petty personal actions taken by a specific 'Community Leader', as those are just ugly.

WHT was great, at one time, but sadly, it's just not there any more. The current owners could care less about the property, and it feels like a good deal of the 'Community Leaders' have the same approach.

Yeah, I'm still there, but when one has to worry constantly about what they say for fear of 'permban', it's not a good thing.
__________________
Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
Check out my WHMCS Addons
+1 - 866-546-8914 / skype - admin_139201 / twitter/facebook - @whmcsguru
 
 
 
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whmcsguru For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (01-24-2018), Harv45 (01-24-2018), WPCYCLE (01-25-2018)


Old
  Post #19 (permalink)   01-24-2018, 03:14 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 301

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
YAY, necromancy

TBH, I am a bit unsure about the future of WHT, as over the past year or so it's just gone on a huge downhill slide.. Case in point

WHT's SSL certificate expired on 01-15 . They were notified by me of this, rather than having their own team discern and correct this.

How long did it take to correct this? Oh good Lord... I think that finally went into full affect last night. So, a week

WHT's leadership has fallen quite a bit over the past year or so, as shown by various things such as lack of helpdesk, memberships, etc. It's just a complete and utter mess since the new ownership has taken over. I won't even get into the petty personal actions taken by a specific 'Community Leader', as those are just ugly.

WHT was great, at one time, but sadly, it's just not there any more. The current owners could care less about the property, and it feels like a good deal of the 'Community Leaders' have the same approach.

Yeah, I'm still there, but when one has to worry constantly about what they say for fear of 'permban', it's not a good thing.
Glad that I am not the only one experiencing less than "optimum" experience there.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #20 (permalink)   01-24-2018, 03:49 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,481
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
The previous owners sold it because it was starting to go downhill.

I am not a member of WHT (i reported a member for abuse and they remain and i was perm banned) , but often look over it as it does look like its going downhill
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #21 (permalink)   01-24-2018, 03:56 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 301

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyhostmedia View Post
The previous owners sold it because it was starting to go downhill.

I am not a member of WHT (i reported a member for abuse and they remain and i was perm banned) , but often look over it as it does look like its going downhill
Well look on the "bright side" here will likely getting more members if it haven't already been.
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Harv45 For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (01-24-2018)


Old
  Post #22 (permalink)   01-24-2018, 04:27 PM
HD Master
 
whmcsguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 382
Send a message via Skype™ to whmcsguru

Status: whmcsguru is offline
Nobody 'sold' WHT. Penton itself was sold to Informa. That's what Penton did, and that's why they bought the property in the first place (to build up their profile).

As far as WHT and it being sold because it was 'going downhill', that's rubbish too. Of course you're biased, because you were 'permbanned for pointing out someone' (I call BS on that one), but WHT truly wasn't going downhill until Informa took the lead

At least with Penton behind things (or those behind them), we had some pretty good leadership. Dennis, while I thought an ass was actually good at what he did, keeping the ship afloat. ProHacker was freaking awesome at what he did. From a technical standpoint, he kicked ass.

Yes, things were going down a bit, but that's called natural forum progression. Most aren't using forums any more. However, the massive issues started coming in when Informa came in and replaced both of those individuals (PH may have left a bit earlier, but IIRC he was still with Penton).

I've been around on WHT for a good 15 years now (sheesh), and have seen a lot of crap, but the current crap by Informa is worse than anything I've seen on a user level. That, and, the threats by those who shall not be named.
__________________
Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
Check out my WHMCS Addons
+1 - 866-546-8914 / skype - admin_139201 / twitter/facebook - @whmcsguru
 
 
 


Old
  Post #23 (permalink)   01-24-2018, 05:12 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,481
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
Nobody 'sold' WHT. Penton itself was sold to Informa. That's what Penton did, and that's why they bought the property in the first place (to build up their profile).

As far as WHT and it being sold because it was 'going downhill', that's rubbish too. Of course you're biased, because you were 'permbanned for pointing out someone' (I call BS on that one), but WHT truly wasn't going downhill until Informa took the lead

At least with Penton behind things (or those behind them), we had some pretty good leadership. Dennis, while I thought an ass was actually good at what he did, keeping the ship afloat. ProHacker was freaking awesome at what he did. From a technical standpoint, he kicked ass.

Yes, things were going down a bit, but that's called natural forum progression. Most aren't using forums any more. However, the massive issues started coming in when Informa came in and replaced both of those individuals (PH may have left a bit earlier, but IIRC he was still with Penton).

I've been around on WHT for a good 15 years now (sheesh), and have seen a lot of crap, but the current crap by Informa is worse than anything I've seen on a user level. That, and, the threats by those who shall not be named.
i was talking when it was sold to Penton. Penton gave it a boost it needed
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #24 (permalink)   01-24-2018, 09:06 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,029

Status: Artashes is offline
@RDPproviders, this thread was last commented in 2015. Always a good idea to check the date of a thread before replying to it, making sure we aren't bringing ancient discussions back in action.

Having said that, it was almost on point. A couple of days ago I received my first infraction of 5 points for something that I believe was so wishy washy it was almost funny to get an infraction for.

Of all people, I try to communicate elsewhere the way I'd want people to communicate here on HD. So I re-read the forum-specific rules twice to make sure I wasn't breaking any. Anyhoo, they saw it differently, which kind of opens things up to a wide range of interpretations.

Certainly as moderators they have the final say over anything that goes and they can interpret their rules the way they see fit. Us members can only go by written word.

I accepted the penalty, but what was more disappointing is that no consideration is given for age, history of violations or status of a certain member. Was it really necessary to go straight to an infraction? Probably not. It was completely within their power to issue a warning instead. Maybe a personal message. The kind of practice we've been running at HD since inception. My advice to any board owner has always been: when circumstance and time permits, stay personal - members appreciate that kind of attention. It takes more time, but it goes a long way and provides for a more positive experience for members.
 
 
 
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Artashes For This Useful Post:
Harv45 (01-24-2018), HostLeet (01-26-2018), SenseiSteve (02-02-2018), ughosting (01-25-2018), whmcsguru (01-24-2018)


Old
  Post #25 (permalink)   01-25-2018, 09:32 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 53

Status: WPCYCLE is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
Nobody 'sold' WHT. Penton itself was sold to Informa. That's what Penton did, and that's why they bought the property in the first place (to build up their profile).

As far as WHT and it being sold because it was 'going downhill', that's rubbish too. Of course you're biased, because you were 'permbanned for pointing out someone' (I call BS on that one), but WHT truly wasn't going downhill until Informa took the lead

At least with Penton behind things (or those behind them), we had some pretty good leadership. Dennis, while I thought an ass was actually good at what he did, keeping the ship afloat. ProHacker was freaking awesome at what he did. From a technical standpoint, he kicked ass.

Yes, things were going down a bit, but that's called natural forum progression. Most aren't using forums any more. However, the massive issues started coming in when Informa came in and replaced both of those individuals (PH may have left a bit earlier, but IIRC he was still with Penton).

I've been around on WHT for a good 15 years now (sheesh), and have seen a lot of crap, but the current crap by Informa is worse than anything I've seen on a user level. That, and, the threats by those who shall not be named.
I would have to disagree. I've been there for maybe 8 years, and what it was before and now...huge difference. Before, a quality post or trainwreck post led to all sorts of responses that you couldn't keep up with. Now...it feels like there's 3 new posts a day, and 2 or 3 responses. Some sections that had a few new topics a day is now a new topic a week...and maybe a response or two within a week. A real ghost town.

Then, we have to factor in the moderation, or over-handed say and do nothing approach. Put it this way...years ago I could get into an argument with someone, and it go on for pages and pages before getting an infraction. Now, one wrong statement and instant sig infraction. I just got suspended during the holidays before someone posted asking about a theme using PHP 5.2. I told them were on 7 now. Then the person asked about using a host with PHP 5.2, and I told the same applies, hosts are on 7 now. I get hit with a suspension because 7 is in my sig...mean while others are spamming nonsense, basically encouraging the person to use PHP 5.2, or the usual "use this host" with only 7 posts to their profile. No question if they even used such host, which clearly anyone with 7 posts hasn't, or is shilling. It's not the same. During the holidays they sent out an email of the news section being shut down. Now it just forwards WHT's home page. Of course I couldn't see what people were saying due to the suspension, and I really didn't care. There's been many suggestions that could have helped, but were ignored or seen as not useful...but yet, a host could scam people for almost 3 years on there, and when questioned why this is happening, the reply was because they didn't break WHT rules. Ass-backwards. Every other forum banned that "host", but not WHT. It took them 3 years to ban them. That alone was a huge turn off for many users.

Progressing is one thing, but I came from an industry where it was going downhill...and it's still there. Many left the industry for such reasons, and those who are in it and understand it, will admit to it going downhill.
__________________
██ WPCYCLE MANAGED WORDPRESS WEB HOSTING ██
Managed WordPress Virtual Private Servers & Managed WordPress Dedicated Servers
Optimized SSD NGINX PHP7.2 WordPress Brute Force-XMLRPC Protection Backups
Email: sales@wpcycle.com Facebook: wpcycle Twitter: wpcycle

Last edited by WPCYCLE : 01-25-2018 at 09:35 AM.
 
 
 
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WPCYCLE For This Useful Post:
easyhostmedia (01-26-2018), Harv45 (01-25-2018), SenseiSteve (02-02-2018)


Old
  Post #26 (permalink)   01-26-2018, 10:45 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Scotland
Posts: 23

Status: zerohosting is offline
I had an issue with one of the admins he banned me for having 2 accounts at the time i was unaware of this and apologised.

ever since he has always had an issue with my by deleting my posts adverts and giving infractions.

I am adhering to all there rules but for some reason.

I have had a much better experience with this forum.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #27 (permalink)   01-26-2018, 10:59 AM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,029

Status: Artashes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohosting View Post
I had an issue with one of the admins he banned me for having 2 accounts at the time i was unaware of this and apologised.

[...]

I have had a much better experience with this forum.
As long as you don't have 2 accounts here as well.
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Artashes For This Useful Post:
zerohosting (01-26-2018)


Old
  Post #28 (permalink)   01-26-2018, 11:13 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 301

Status: Harv45 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
As long as you don't have 2 accounts here as well.
The point was he was sorry about it. I don't understand why they could of disabled the newer one and just let him move on.

Instead of apparently "holding a grudge".
 
 
 


Old
  Post #29 (permalink)   01-26-2018, 11:16 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Scotland
Posts: 23

Status: zerohosting is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
As long as you don't have 2 accounts here as well.
I won't here I like it here lol.
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to zerohosting For This Useful Post:
Artashes (01-26-2018)


Old
  Post #30 (permalink)   01-26-2018, 11:17 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Scotland
Posts: 23

Status: zerohosting is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv45 View Post
The point was he was sorry about it. I don't understand why they could of disabled the newer one and just let him move on.

Instead of apparently "holding a grudge".
If I done anything wrong let me know and it would happen again but i don't understand the reason behind it.
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: