I've done research on them too, after your post.
I found that they stole their testimonials:
From:clearviewhosting.com (Open since 2004)
"If you want a great host that really produces results, [place host name here] is the way to go. It gives us a great place to showcase our site to our customers, and it has increased our sales dramatically...""
"Thank you for your support and kindness in helping us sell more than we ever thought we could, and for all your patience with this project. Your support team is amazing and respond fast everytime to my needs."
"I have made mistakes before with other web hosting companies that have resulted in poor quality services with no customers. These guys listen to your problems and fix them right in front of your eyes.."
A few other things stood out to me:
1. 24/7 Support......"Live Chat Unavailable"
"Two new servers have been added to our
New York datacenter" ...They use ThePlanet, it's not their's.
3. While not a primary factor...they use the biohazard symbol as their logo.
4. Their Carbon Shared hosting package sports "Unlimited" bandwidth
5. Their Reseller 1 package sports "Unlimited" bandwidth AND storage.
6. Last but not least, they have nerve to say:
"This TOS was written purely for the use of AlliHost.net and most not be copied for use on any other site." When a google search shows that it 1. obviously wasn't written purely for them, and 2. was copied just like the rest of their important marketing content.
Shall I go on?