1-800 number

I could see a 800 number as a benefit 10 years ago but these days other than giving a "professional appearance" its really unnecessary because 95% of people have a phone plan that usually includes nationwide long distance.

You may want to checkout www.ringcentral.com. In addition to offering toll free numbers they also offer a virtual pbx service. Initially we registered our toll free number with Ring Central and later ported it over to Fonality www.fonality.com since we recently setup a HPBX for our office.

I believe Fonality also offers TF numbers but in terms of price ringcentral is pretty affordable and reasonably priced within the market. Even if the 1-800 number you want is not available it would be a wise choice to have a toll free number with coverage for US/Canada Vs. assuming your clients have a nationwide long distance plan.

Unfortunately, the number we wanted within the 1-800 exchange was not available so we had to register a 1-888 since we feel that is is more memorable vs. 1-877 or 1-866 and they now have 1-855.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Before you consider phone support, consider this.

A customer has a problem and starts bad mouthing you on popular forums. If all was done over the phone, you have no proof of what what was really said or done. This is why I do Tickets and live chat only.

Google, Evoice, First 6-Months are free :) I use it, and will never go back to old 1-800 provider.

Evoice has apps for your mobile phone, and a easy to use custom control panel :)