1U Colo needed - Accepting offers through Feb. 2012

JerryM

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a few 1U's and am looking for the best deal.

I currently have a server leased through FDC that isn't due again til March. I will be ordering sometime in Feb.

My needs? I'm not sure.. I have never Colo'd a rackmount before so if you could help me here, that would be great. I am assuming that a rackmount sets up the same as a desktop does?

I know that I will require the following:

1. IRC MUST be allowed

2. I will require 13IP's to get started with the option for more later

3. cPanel

Of course the IP's and cPanel don't have to be included but I do need it and as such need to know the price.

I am putting the request in now instead of later so I have plenty of time to research any company who might reply with an offer.

Also, I will be paying for a full year upfront, and if your service is good, I'll continue to pay annually.

Thanks,
Jerry

Hi Jerry,
Need to clarify your request - are you looking for one 1U colo? (you mentioned you purchased a few 1U's).
You did not mention a requirement for bandwidth - do you have one?
cPanel is not an option on a collocated server, because the server belongs to you, along with all the programs and control panel.

Hello Steve,

For now, I only need a quote for one 1U. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep the others for backup parts or maybe list them on my site as dedi's.

Bandwidth, just the best I can get for the best price.

I know of two companies right now that DO offer cPanel as an Colo add-on so, it is an option. Just depends on the company I guess.

Best regards,
Jerry

I can offer you some 1U space, but would you be willing to sacrifice IRC? My provider doesn't allow it, otherwise I totally would.

Jerry,

What is your price range? I don't see cPanel & IRC being a problem. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Logan Falletta

Aim2Colo: The company I currently rent my server with will Colo it for $800/yr with Cpanel, 13 IP's, softaculous, and WHMSonic.. That is only on a 10Mbit port though.. I have $1,000 budget but Am looking to spend less if possible.

JaguarPC: When did you guys start accepting IRC? I was a client of Resellerzoom and Hostingzoom and when I was thinking about getting a server from you guys, I was told IRC wasn't allowed.

Aim2Colo: The company I currently rent my server with will Colo it for $800/yr with Cpanel, 13 IP's, softaculous, and WHMSonic.. That is only on a 10Mbit port though.. I have $1,000 budget but Am looking to spend less if possible.

JaguarPC: When did you guys start accepting IRC? I was a client of Resellerzoom and Hostingzoom and when I was thinking about getting a server from you guys, I was told IRC wasn't allowed.

for 800bucks a year that's a steal.. You may need to contact the guys from VolumeDrive for that type of deal but be aware that the support won't be there.. I would encourage hiring on a server management company. We are actually a reseller of VolumeDrive, and many other data centres around the United States.

We can offer you managed support for an additional 69.99USD per month and that would allow you to contact our 24/7 server engineers through either our live chat, or helpdesk.

If you are looking to go with VolumeDrive feel free to shoot me an email at tanner.gettis(at)hostingaddicts(dot)com. I'll be sure to contact one of the account managers from VolumeDrive and see if we can give you a better rate if you go through us being the provider due to us having large quantities of servers with them.

Every hosting provider has to start from somewhere, and we are looking into opening our own data centre in years to come.

Thank you, and best of luck!