20 VPS Providers Shut Down within 48 hours - Users Stranded

Users must research about company to check from how long they are in business before falling for such low cost products/services.

The webhosting industry everyday sees a webhosting company/agency come up while yet another one going bankrupt and closing operations. I think the industry as such has become too crowded, while also having too much competition from already established ones. Ones who couldn't innovate are crumbling down.

However, at that, maybe they should have atleast gone down a bit more gracefully by giving their customers a bit more time to move their data to a different provider

However, at that, maybe they should have atleast gone down a bit more gracefully by giving their customers a bit more time to move their data to a different provider

I agree, they should give at least a mths notice to clients.

When i decided to close down my hosting i knew as soon as i received my last invoice for my server ( 5 weeks before i closed), so i immediately informed all my clients of my closure date, i paid my last server invoice, then i made a backup of all clients accounts.

I gave all clients the date i would close the server and they needed to make sure they backup all accounts and find a new provider before that date and if needed i would help them migrate to a new provider.
I also told clients i would keep backups on our backup server for a further month, so after i close the server they would need to email me for a copy of the backups.

all but 3 of my clients acknowledged the emails and informed me they had migrated their accounts, so once i verified that their accounts had propagated to their new host i removed their accounts from the server.

on server closure date the 3 clients still had not contacted me and their domains were still pointing to my server, so server was closed regardless and even as of today still no contact from them and i closed 24 May 2018

Users must research about company to check from how long they are in business before falling for such low cost products/services.
Wouldn't even have to leave their websites for that.

Most (if not all) of them aren't even offering any details about their company on their website. Not even an email adress, only a contact form. Why that doesn't scare people away, I don't know.

I think owner is same and maybe using owned WHMCS license so Billing software company like WHMCS need to revoke their license. (Maybe it does not look right but they can prevent this from happening in future).

Customer need to report this to Cyber Crime department/authority.

I may be incorrect but I'm fairly certain the client side of things wouldn't stop working on WHMCS, even if the license was revoked/expired. I think the only thing which is effected is the admin side of things? I may be wrong though.

I may be incorrect but I'm fairly certain the client side of things wouldn't stop working on WHMCS, even if the license was revoked/expired. I think the only thing which is effected is the admin side of things? I may be wrong though.

yes you are correce, if a whmcs licence expires then only admin side stops working

dont wondering about this...it was only a question if time, when the "big crash" comes on LET / LEB Host..but i am not sure, if they have learned any lessons in this case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123