29 Alpha servers for sale

Decker

We have 29 DEC Alpha 64 bit servers being upgraded so the existing servers are for disposal. The upgrades required to support the new web platform are quite extreme due to our customers new requirements so the existing servers are being replaced.

On a suitable offer they will be delivered within 28 days, all servers are floor standing and can be stacked. All servers will be checked and tested by a DEC certified engineer before dispatch (hence the 28 days). The servers will be checked by a fully certified DEC approved engineer (both while it was Digital and now Compaq & HP certified) in Edinburgh and dispatched to anywhere on the UK mainland, wrapped and palleted or similar to your delivery address.

Basically guys we want to cover our costs so if you have DC space you can get yourself some servers in there that are good specs for lower end hosting, or do a few IRC/shell boxes and a few whatever that you wouldn't risk on higher spec systems.

All systems will build with MS or Linux so there's no problems there.

There are:-
23 off 36861
1 off 2100
5 off 2000/500

If your interested e-mail to alpha@ctrl-alt-deli.com

Specs, prices, etc. can all be discussed, if you woud like to take just some then it'll be added to a list as the delivery and viability would have to be considered too.

Essentially we're looking to recover £250-£280 per server on average to cover costs (if we have to split this may have to increase just a little), so now might be the time to get some good slave boxes or shell / IRC or just low end dedicated - it's outright purchase so even if you want to sell them on again that's your decision.

Hi Mark, if your interested we can give you a full spec list. I'll get the DEC engineer to spec for each model.

There is very little difference as they're all basically base spec, the SCSI arrays can be configured as required when received but if your interested I will get full detailed specs on the exam of each one as we decommission.

Had a couple of other enquiries too - more than I thought would happen with this kit.

I've basically sent them out to do a server exam and see what's there. Was going to be a relaxed sale but there we go :D

Just as update it's all SCSI

Don't know if I want to let it go now :p - yep I'm kidding ;)

DEC engineer is putting the spec list together for dimensions, cpu, ram & storage at the moment. I'll post it asap.

Got the specs in I'll put them up asap, nothing surprising but, good for the possible uses & all have tape drives for backup.

Depending on offers we may canabalise some to make others higher spec but they can easily have extra RAM & disks added.

Anyone in the meantime interested I can send a spec sheet for each of the 3 models.

There will be 2 main pickup / delivery points one in England one in Scotland and we're prepared to split them so you can have just one if you wish. :)