2Checkout No longer serving Webhosts

Not only is general web hosting a very crowded and competitive business but payment processing doesn't make things any easier. 2CO is just a bad way to start and get involved in. They have their own best interests first, then you come much later. Everyone should be able to use a real merchant account. cdgcommerce.com is one of the good guys and if you show them good business ethics such as honoring money-back guarantees, refunds because of disputes or unsatisfied customers etc. manually confirming possible fraudulent payments etc. they should be able to work with you. Heck, even PayPal is better(!)

There is so much fraud going on with Credit Cards nowadays that they have become a pain to accept, regardless of the Payment Processor you use.

With Cards you will always have discriminating and manipulative payment processors, charge-backs, disputes, evidence gathering work, high fees, etc. etc.

We have honest customers that use Credit Cards, but we are very careful when screening new Credit Card customers and require additional information beyond what the processor asks for.

Sincerely, I would love to get rid of Credit Cards altogether.

They were not made for the Internet and have adjusted poorly to eCommerce.

Last edited:
Misleading title, It should be "2co no longer serving file sharing company"

They no longer support filesharing sites because of risk of copyright violation.(high ri-sk)

Misleading title, It should be "2co no longer serving file sharing company"

They no longer support filesharing sites because of risk of copyright violation.(high ri-sk)

well not according to 2co as i stated how do they know that you offer filesharing or just normal hosting, so they are no longer going to serve webhosts and that comes from 2co

well not according to 2co as i stated how do they know that you offer filesharing or just normal hosting, so they are no longer going to serve webhosts and that comes from 2co

They do review each of their client site. Even small issue like we must have refund rules in our term of service or 2co icon in our site.

They do review each of their client site. Even small issue like we must have refund rules in our term of service or 2co icon in our site.

HAHA. They don't have time to do this. what they use is a bot that will automatically check policies and their logo are in the pages you tell them. this is why they will ask you for your policy page URL and the main page of where you have their logo.
They will not check every single page of every single one of their customers

...they are no longer going to serve webhosts....

Has something changed since I posted a screen shot of the company's official policy above in post #16, declaring webhosting is OK? (see attached)

Attachments

• 2co_twitter.jpg
    2co_twitter.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Has something changed since I posted a screen shot of the company's official policy above in post #16, declaring webhosting is OK? (see attached)

but it still boils down to how would they know, and that's not any official policy statement it is a comment on twitter which could be from anyone with access to their twitter acount

...that's not any official policy statement it is a comment on twitter....

compared to your...what, again? A phone call to an outsourced someone in Bangalore call center as recalled by you and told to us? Sorry, but I think a direct 2CO tweet trumps 3rd hand recollection

HAHA. They don't have time to do this. what they use is a bot that will automatically check policies and their logo are in the pages you tell them. this is why they will ask you for your policy page URL and the main page of where you have their logo.
They will not check every single page of every single one of their customers

Yea, maybe you are right. So they bot got the hosting word in your site and know you are web hoster :D

That can't be good, so if it affects them how does it not affect Paypal ? A good amount of their business must come from web hosts.

That can't be good, so if it affects them how does it not affect Paypal ? A good amount of their business must come from web hosts.

it will all depend on what agreements they have with Visa, Mastercard etc. so restrictions placed on one provider may not be placed on other providers.

Very bad news althogh i didn't have a good experience with 2checkout anyway. Their anti fraud systems are really poor.

Since having my account closed by 2checkout without notice a few years ago I've been using Gate2Shop and haven't had many issues with fraud.

2CO is not a best option and also stopped using them since 4 years as payments always in delay and takes much time to reflect in your bank etc that makes issue in further payment