6 months and not indexed ... suggestions? (Google)

Samuel4

It has been over 6 months and one of my sites has yet to be indexed. All of my other sites have been indexed within weeks.

This one that has taken over 6 months has the most content of all of them, and everything is created by me. There are even a few links from some top sites ranked high for my keyword, as well as in some good directories.

I'm really confused here, as I've never had one take this long. Nothing shady is going on, no black hat, etc.

I'm thinking of having it professionally redesigned, adding new content features, etc., but I don't want to go through all that if there's some other problem that is being overlooked.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am just an amateur/novice ... whatever ... but the steps I would take are ...

1. Go to the Google site & read the FAQ covering what is needed to get a site indexed. Then make sure your site is complying. My understanding is if you breach one of their protocols then they won't index your site.

2. When your site is complying with the Google requirements ... then submit your site directly to Google. I believe their page says that your site will be indexed within a few weeks.

Just my uneducated opinion :) Good luck
Peter

try using a robot.txt file if you don't already have one. Search google on it, lots of info. I also seem to remember that google will skip you if they don't like something about your site.

I put up a new site and it was indexed in almost a day. Maybe link your site from one of your other sites too if possible.

try using a robot.txt file if you don't already have one.
Not using one isn't a mistake though. If you don't have it, the search engine will assume you agree to have the site spidered.

Samuel4,

What is your domain name; there maybe tools we can offer advice on to help you being indexed.

Samuel4 - try to build link page and have quality links.
i also suggest you to submit your site religiously (once a month) to search engines.
i recommend webceo.com - they have free and paid version and for sure this will help you a lot.

Samuel4 said:
It has been over 6 months and one of my sites has yet to be indexed. All of my other sites have been indexed within weeks.

This one that has taken over 6 months has the most content of all of them, and everything is created by me. There are even a few links from some top sites ranked high for my keyword, as well as in some good directories.

I'm really confused here, as I've never had one take this long. Nothing shady is going on, no black hat, etc.

I'm thinking of having it professionally redesigned, adding new content features, etc., but I don't want to go through all that if there's some other problem that is being overlooked.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have a site map..? and a properly built navigational structure..? Also make sure your your site is not under "No flow" mode

even im hvn couple of pages on my site which haven't been indexed lol

Strange

Google is usually the forst spider to hit me on a new site. Id defintely recommend a sitemap, they help. Robots file also a good suggestion. Did you submit directly on the google site?
Other than looking we are just shooting in the dark though I guess
Good luck on that one, if need a hand contact your peers and Im sure one of us can help out if is a coding problem or something like that

First you have to get verified by the html file which google provides you at the time of submission or you can even ask for one. The important thing to get crawled is that your content has to be changed regularly, there are many ways for that. Many scripts are available for producing automatic content, but I wouldn't advice you to do so, Provide quality content, Post on forums, submit your site on other search engines, your site will definetly be indexed !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnMuller