A new project - fighting fraud

niyogi

Hi folks:

I'm working on a new project that targets fraudsters that plague the hosting industry. If you're a hosting company that gets a handful of orders everyday, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about: predominantly vietnamese and romanian fraudsters with stolen credit cards that sign up to send phishing spam from your servers.

Currently, there isn't a central database of used email addresses, domain names, and credit card/paypal IDs that can be reported to and searched. I'm working on a new project that essentially provides such a solution. Phase I would essentially be manual searching and reporting. Phase II would allow integration with hosting billing software so that cases can be reported automatically (and checks can be made on-the-fly also).

I'm fairly confident that fraudsters laugh at the fact that such a system doesn't exist yet. Why? Because they *actually* sign up with the same email address sometimes. Insane but true.

I'm so aggravated by this that I'm going to make sure this system is in place and hope that other hosting companies join in so that, at the very least, fraudsters have to get out of their lazy boy recliner and work just a bit harder.

Thoughts?

Roj

Sounds like a plan. You could really explode your own business by offering an API to this for your own resellers, Roj!

Some time ago did join a site supposedly dedicated to this at WeHelpHosts.com

Haven't really followed up on it though and wonder if anyone has come accross this site before and have found it useful.